Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Wi-Fi

Views : 4794

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2015, 20:29   #11
Smiffy2

Thanks Clan it's a my 14.5 so might be lucky
I will see how it goes
Smiffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2015, 20:42   #12
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Default XC60 Wi-Fi

If not activated then you maybe will get an upgrade as this info
Sensus Connect model year 15
From and including model year 15, all new Volvo models will have an updated Sensus Connect system. Drivers who already have Sensus Connect in their cars will be offered an update for their systems. For more information, contact your Volvo dealer.
from here http://support.volvocars.com/uk/Page...a801517aec401a
As my car is MY15 It already had the Sensus Connect Upgrade installed and when I went to connect via wi-fi it picked up my home router when searching so I just connected to that instead of my phone.
Good Luck with your dealer
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2015, 13:50   #13
Smiffy2

Interesting, visited the Dealer and spoke to technician
He did not know of any upgrade and checked on the system and confirmed no upgrades.

So when having the 1st service I will ask again as the 2015 upgrade hopefully will have filtered through by then.

One other question, I have GPS sat nav and would like to put POI eg petrol stations on the map but do not want to program a journey.This would enable me to scan area using the floating map.

Any ideas

Thanks

Batambuddy just noticed this so puts me out as my car is before week 46.

This article is applicable to
Car model/model year

S60, V60, XC60 of model year 2014 (week 46) equipped with Sensus Connect

All car models of model year 2015 equipped with Sensus Connect

Last edited by Smiffy2; Jun 23rd, 2015 at 13:55.
Old Jun 23rd, 2015, 20:34   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy2 View Post
He did not know of any upgrade and checked on the system and confirmed no upgrades.

So when having the 1st service I will ask again as the 2015 upgrade hopefully will have filtered through by then.

One other question, I have GPS sat nav and would like to put POI eg petrol stations on the map but do not want to program a journey.This would enable me to scan area using the floating map.

Any ideas

Thanks

Car model/model year

I would visit another dealer who knows about this , or get them to read their bulletins !
your car should be in the range manufactured between 2013 week 46 to 2014 week 19..
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 10:42   #15
Julianpms
VOC Member

If you can locate or prepare the POI you want as a .gpx file, you can then load them as a set of stored locations from a USB key. You can then select these to appear on the map without using them as destinations to navigate to. It's what I do with the so-called 'danger zones' here in France.
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 17:04   #16
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Quote:

Any ideas

Thanks

Car model/model year

My car was manufactured in week 38 but before I picked the car up from the dealer all software was checked for updates and upgraded so that is why wi-fi is enabled in my system along with the latest sat nav maps.
Regarding the P.O.I.s is your sat nav the Volvo system if so you can select which P.O.I.s to show on the maps.
When the map is displayed press OK which brings up a settings menu - select Map options - select POI symbols - select selected and then choose which P.O.I. you want to display as standard.
See http://esd.volvocars.com/site/owners...EN_tp17138.pdf for the sensus navigation manual
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 14:19   #17
Smiffy2

Hi again, I have tried the above but this only allows POI's to come up on a programmed journey.
I am trying to get the fuel stations to come up on the floating map when a destination has not been selected.
I have the Volvo sat nav 2014 system with necessary upgrades.

With regards to Julianpms not certain how to prepare a .gpx file from the POI in the car.

Last edited by Smiffy2; Jun 29th, 2015 at 14:21.
Old Jun 29th, 2015, 19:05   #18
Julianpms
VOC Member

Quote:
Hi again, I have tried the above but this only allows POI's to come up on a programmed journey.
I am trying to get the fuel stations to come up on the floating map when a destination has not been selected.
I have the Volvo sat nav 2014 system with necessary upgrades.

With regards to Julianpms not certain how to prepare a .gpx file from the POI in the car.
There's a couple of different things here. On the latest Sensus systems, if you want to add your own places, these are entered in the system as stored locations rather than as POI, which are for Volvo's pre-loaded places. Take a look first in the manual at how stored locations are added via a USB key and accessed in the system. You can get stored locations to show on the map without having to enter a destination (I did it only a few hours ago on a familiar route home).
After that, if you have a set of locations you want to add this way, PM me and I can help you regarding getting the data into the format you need to add to the car.
Old Jul 1st, 2015, 14:49   #19
Smiffy2

Thanks for that, I added the POI in this case fuel stations as Batambuddy advised but to no avail.
Then yesterday switched on the nav and all were there on the floating map.
So thanks to all now working fine for what I need.
Old Jul 2nd, 2015, 21:49   #20
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Default XC 60 Wi-Fi

Fantastic news that all is now ok