Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Need to get this out of my chest

Views : 5139

Replies : 60

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 00:26   #1
gatos
Premier Member

Default Need to get this out of my chest

Need to get something out of my chest as I am really annoyed with the actions of one member here. I am not going to mention names or be very specific, so here it goes. Sometime ago, a member here needed a part and they've contacted me directly to see if I had it. I did, so I offered it for a lot less than the cheapest one I could find on ebay. I have dealt with him in the past too and had no issues. Anyway as most of you here know I always check and double check all parts I send out to people and make sure they are in good order. As far as I can recall, I have only twice sent a faulty part to two members here and I immediately refunded the money including the postage.

Anyway, the part I am on about was definitely working perfectly fine, as I drove that car and even if it was ever so slightly faulty, it would be obvious to even the most clueless person out there. Anyway, a couple of days later, I got a call that the part was working, but that there was a problem with it. I instantly apologized and offered another one which I have kept as a back up for my own car and the original part was given back to me. I didn't bother checking it at the time, as I had no reason not to believe or trust that person and I just put it aside, as I like taking things apart to see how they work. This evening, I picked up the part and by closer inspection, I've realized that some of the inner parts were smashed to bits. Now I know for sure that this was not like that before, as I would have never sold it to anyone. So either that member has returned me another faulty part, or somehow managed to damage the one I've originally sent them. One small nut or bolt forgotten loose in that part would cause that sort of damage. If it was a cheap part, I wouldn't be so bothered, but is not and in the process, I gave away my own back up.

I always try to help (where and when I can) anyone who needs help can and try to treat people the same way I want to be treated. For someone in this forum to do something likes this, it is absolutely disgusting and it has really p!ssed me off. Is this what I get in return for getting out of my way for helping someone out? This is f*cking ridiculous and it makes me feel like a complete mug. I was under the impression that people here (specially regular members) had the same way of thinking and treated each other with respect. For something like this to happen is a hard kick to the balls and it makes me think why the f*ck I even bother anymore. It really sucks.

I am really sorry for the tirade, but I am in a very foul mood this evening. I should also state that 99% of the people here have been absolutely perfect with me to date and by no means do I have a problem with them.

So to cap it all, this is for the member here who pulled a fast one on me.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE and just to remind you that WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I will not name and shame you here, but if you ever need anything or any help you will definitely not get it from me. And you will be added to my ignore list from now on

Nullius in Verba

Last edited by gatos; Nov 23rd, 2012 at 00:48.
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 01:03   #2
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Unhappy

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE and just to remind you that WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. I will not name and shame you here, but if you ever need anything or any help you will definitely not get it from me. And you will be added to my ignore list from now on

sorry this happened to you, know what the worst thing is ? whoever done this has not only let himself down but hurt everyone on the forum by taking advantage of your good nature.

well said for the above statement and dont let the b****** grind you down.
david philips is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to david philips For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:12   #3
Neillyboy78

Ah m8 dont let it bother you too much....As annoying as it is you'll come across people like that now and again in life.Most folk on these Forums are 100% brand new and go out there way to help other's....There are dishonest ar*eholes out there everywhere and you've come across one unfortunately....just put it down to expierience and forget about it dude!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neillyboy78 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 06:19   #4
twilightflyer

Thumbs up

Gatos, you are one of the nicest people on this forum and yes you go out of your way to help,I have purchased items from you with no problem what so ever, you have even put me on to guys who have parts you don't have.
If ever I need a part you are my first port of call.(relaced those backplates by the way and used the bolts that you very kindly sent me).
Its true there are those types of of guys who would look you in the face take money out of your pocket and then stab you in the back for good measure.
It's a pity that the powers to be cannot place a ban on people like this on using this forum,it least it would stop him/her using this forum as a means to an end.
Keep your chin up Alex and I'm sure that he will get his comupance.
twilightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twilightflyer For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 07:31   #5
Cornishv40
Master Member

It is sad when this happens alex.

ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat
Cornishv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cornishv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:12   #6
stephend
Premier Member

Really sorry to hear this, Gatos. Very frustrating when someone takes advantage like that... Your input into this Forum, and all the help and advice you give to other members, would be sorely missed, so I hope this bad experience doesn't sour the whole thing for you.
2012 Ford Mondeo 2.2 TDCi estate
1999 Land Rover Discovery 2 TD5
stephend is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephend For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:41   #7
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Sorry to hear that Alex, there are some dishonest idiots although thankfully the minority. I've had it before in the past on ebay when I've sent out known good parts only to be told it doesn't work. Then receive a faulty one as a return after refund. Parts obviously swapped over then faulty one sent back. What I do now is always put a tiny mark somewhere on the part so only I know it's there. Then I know for sure if it's the original part that has been returned.

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:47   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

If that was me i'd go to his house ( where ever it was ! ) and knock the door , staying very calm and put down the facts .. you will probably find hes as nice as pie face to face and give you your money back ...
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:08   #9
dcw
VOC Member

Really sorry to hear about this - it's always a shame when this sort of thing happens because it undermines the whole "mutual support" ethos both of forums like this one and particularly people like you, Gatos, doing what you do.

I don't think I have ever had anything from you (yet!), but I am well aware that there are loads of people on here whose cars are probably only in top shape thanks to you, and you'd be my first port of call if needed.

I hope it helped getting it off your chest - and well done for taking the attitude you have over "naming and shaming", otherwise it can desecend into a slanging match that achieves absolutely nothing.

Don't let the situation get you down - I'd like to think (as you yourself said) that 99% of the people on here are genuine!

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 23rd, 2012, 10:18   #10
happy diver
Active Member Moment

Santorini sounds nice.
happy diver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to happy diver For This Useful Post: