Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Alarm system service required

Views : 44378

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 11:47   #11
V70RMW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johaywo View Post
I'm getting this message on my 2000 V70 Tdi.
Have noticed for a few days the fuel cover locking pin is making graunching noise on locking /unlocking. today its not coming out to lock at all. Could this have caused the message?
Thanks.
Almost certainly not related to the problem. Not too difficult to replace, except that you have to remove the side trim inside the boot. I fixed mine temporarily by cleaning up a regreasing but it has started to get noisy again. I guess stuck open is not a bad as stucked locked which is what I had.
V70RMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 12:08   #12
darren boyle

Default Alarm

hi, yep i had the same problem cheaper to buy full kit than just alarm siren even though you dont need to change it all. Easily accessed from front offside wheel housing. Rufe sent me 1 in about 2 days - he's a great guy to know. Hope this helps.
darren boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 16:14   #13
isleaiw
Master Member

I had a similar issue but replacing the siren and battery did not cure. Suggestion is that i needed some form of electronic box that controls alarm but that was pricey so a removed fuse and press the button will do the trick instead!

Ian
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 00:04   #14
Cheshire GillBoy

Red face Alarm System Service - costs

What a relief I re-joined the Forum and read these posts! Booked my 2002 T5 into Rybrook Volvo Chester to have a diagnostic tomorrow at a "discounted" rate of £100 - normal price £130. Removing fuse 38 - £0. Nice.
Cheshire GillBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2013, 10:30   #15
owyn
Premier Member

£100! Woah! I just ordered a Volvo copy code reader off the bay for £99!
I have to try and install it on my computer, which I'm sure won't be easy but after that I can read as many codes as I want for free!
owyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 18:13   #16
RichardSo

Default Where and how

Does anybody have a link to a site that shows where the siren is and how to change it?

R
RichardSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 23:46   #17
Ciaran87

I recently changed the siren an the message still comes up when I put car on the computer the fault comes up as permanent just wondering would disconnecting the battery over night do anything
Ciaran87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2015, 20:00   #18
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran87 View Post
I recently changed the siren an the message still comes up when I put car on the computer the fault comes up as permanent just wondering would disconnecting the battery over night do anything
No it wouldn't , have you got any power going to the siren ? there are only 3 wires , earth , power and data line , perhaps the fuse has blown or is missing?
Old Apr 7th, 2015, 21:28   #19
Frosty1948

Default 2004 V70 Alarm system required - replacing siren?

Hi, I am thinking about buying a 2004 V70 with this apparently common problem, but having done quite a bit of research (mainly through this forum) I am concerned about the possibility that I need to get any new siren coded? Can anyone advise on this? Thank you.
Frosty1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2015, 21:39   #20
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty1948 View Post
Hi, I am thinking about buying a 2004 V70 with this apparently common problem, but having done quite a bit of research (mainly through this forum) I am concerned about the possibility that I need to get any new siren coded? Can anyone advise on this? Thank you.
It's plug and play so no coding required.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post: