Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 2006 low MoT Edinburgh - Anyone Interested?

Views : 1147

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 6th, 2021, 16:39   #1
arcascomp

Default XC90 2006 low MoT Edinburgh - Anyone Interested?

Middle of a lockdown, silly time to consider selling, but if I trade it in, I'll get peanuts for it.

185BHP AWD Euro 4 Manual XC90 in black with black leather interior, almost everything works. AQS sensor is dud like on every used Volvo, and just today the parking sensors are playing up - think moisture has got in as it's occasional solid beeps.

MOT is about 20th Feb, I don't think anything needs doing for it, but equally it's nearly a 15 year old XC90 so I expect there will be something! Previous owner had clutch done before I bought it, so about 4 years ago. Has 150500 miles on the clock.

As title says, is anyone interested in it, before I go down the trade route? Can't be done with ebay/gumtree tyre kickers, but happy to deal with a forum member looking for a deal.
arcascomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 17:14   #2
andy_d
Premier Member

all depends on the condition of it , the price you want
a "ive a car for sale without photos " isnt much use to anyone

oh and collecting it will be a bit of a "Ah" for the time being, unless you can get bojo/the hag to give me a pass to drive up get it , drive back :P
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 17:34   #3
BorderVolvo

Pictures would be good, as would an idea of price.

I sold my V70 in April during lockdown, the buyer used a shiply type company to uplift it, no hassle what-so-ever.
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 21:24   #4
arcascomp

Good points! Was wondering if anyone was slightly interested at the moment given all the restrictions etc., never considered Shiply, might be an idea for buying a replacement.

Condition is pretty good for age, one crack in rear light lens and the front ones have the usual cloudiness of an older xc90. Passenger mirror also doesn't heat any more, but drivers side is fine.

Interior trim is all intact as far as I recall, cd player did work, but I haven't used it in years so no idea if it still does.

All four tyres have reasonable tread all season rubber.

No rips or tears in the leather. Seat heaters and air con both work fine. As does the auto wipers and cruise control. Can't get pictures at the moment as I'm at work when we have daylight but will try and get something if people are interested.

Price? £1800?

It's a nice motor, excellent long distant cruise, when we are allowed to do that. Have son who's recently passed his test and no way I can get insurance for him to drive it, so time to change.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcascomp For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 23:58   #5
BorderVolvo

By the way, I'm not in a position to buy, cheers.
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 00:49   #6
YorkshireDave
VOC Member

I sure am tho
I'm looking for something fundamentally sound so would appreciate some pictures

all cars everywhere are a perpetual work in progress...
YorkshireDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YorkshireDave For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 16:15   #7
arcascomp

Sorry for the delay YorkshireDave, was hoping to get a chance today, but haven't been able to get away from my desk in the daylight - will hopefully get some pics up tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcascomp For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 09:09   #8
Olliehood93

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcascomp View Post
Sorry for the delay YorkshireDave, was hoping to get a chance today, but haven't been able to get away from my desk in the daylight - will hopefully get some pics up tomorrow.
Hey

I am local to Edinburgh and could come for a look if you want to text or what’s app me photos

Cheers

Last edited by Olliehood93; Jan 11th, 2021 at 12:00.
Olliehood93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:22   #9
arcascomp

Hopefully I've managed to upload a bunch of pictures, weather improved so I could at least jetwash the worst of the winter grime off before hand!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xc90_6.jpg (182.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_3.jpg (260.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_1.jpg (234.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_2.jpg (248.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_4.jpg (296.6 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_5.jpg (276.2 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_11.jpg (203.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_12.jpg (214.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_13.jpg (184.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_14.jpg (228.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_15.jpg (230.5 KB, 29 views)
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 11:30   #10
arcascomp

And the not so good bits, it's sitting at 150,500 miles give or take so needless to say there are a few marks. The main one is the rear light cluster being cracked - keep meaning to replace it, but something else always gets in the way, been that way for a couple of years so no MOT issue.

Also a few small stone chips on the front bonnet and a small bubble on the drivers door - all photographed for full disclosure.

Anyone who's run around in an elderly Volvo XC90 will know, they love to surprise you with nice little messages in the DIM every now and then, just when you don't want them! It did show a engine service required message just after new year but that went away. No impact on running or fuel consumption, still getting 31-32mpg average as always have done. Last thing I had forgotten before, the swirl flaps have never been connected in the 3.5 years I had it, hasn't caused any issue and the local indy I use said it's rarely worth opening up to fix as it'll maybe save 3mpg for a lot of work!

Has the built in booster seat in the middle of the middle row of seats, seat belt in that seat works fine for small people, but it is a bit tight for most adults, however the seat itself isn't the greatest for an adult, my kids (21 years + ) prefer to sit in the rear row rather than the middle for any distance.

If someone does buy it, remind me to dig the load cover out of the attic as well!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xc90_7.jpg (96.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_8.jpg (159.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_9.jpg (201.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg xc90_10.jpg (162.7 KB, 16 views)