Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 2018 Spare Wheel

Views : 5499

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 26th, 2018, 15:29   #1
Rogerp

Default XC60 2018 Spare Wheel

Hi. Picking up my new XC60 2018 on Thursday and would like to get a Tempa spare wheel question is there room above the battery and keep the floor in place?
Anybody fitted one if so what did you use, I also understand you can only get 17"
Any Help appreciated.
Roger
Rogerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 22:30   #2
Rogerp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerp View Post
Hi. Picking up my new XC60 2018 on Thursday and would like to get a Tempa spare wheel question is there room above the battery and keep the floor in place?
Anybody fitted one if so what did you use, I also understand you can only get 17"
Any Help appreciated.
Roger
Well it seems 100 have looked at this post but nobody knows the answer, I've now got it as you most probably know the 2018 models have the battery in the boot underneath the (wooden) boot floor, and it doesn't look like a wheel will fit but it does, I bought a genuine Volvo spare wheel (Tempa) and it fits over the battery but still allows the floor to fit above it, plus you can get an 18" wheel...Hope this helps somebody else.
Roger
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 22:48   #3
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Sorry if no one replied but you probably put this post in the wrong place, should have gone in the general section. Plus if you do a search there has already been a long post about this already.
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 00:17   #4
simonjedrake
Premier Member

In addition please could you advise us what model of the XC60 you have as if you are referring to a T8 version then there is no room for a Tempa space saver wheel.
Old Mar 6th, 2018, 11:07   #5
Rogerp

Well I consider myself well and truly reprimanded, It’s a shame that nobody told me I had posted in the wrong section this is what I saw
XC60 '17> / XC90 '14> / S90 & V90 '16> Articles and it says XC60, as to what model okay another mistake.
But it would have been nice if somebody out of the 100 could have pointed this out at the start, and if it was is in the wrong place how come so many read it.
Yes I don’t fully understand these Forum things I’m 70 and Its all a bit strange, but no worries I will sign off and not bother to come back so you can all rest in peace.
Good bye from me.
Old Mar 10th, 2018, 12:49   #6
seripco

Default Xc60 spare wheel

Hi roger,
i like you have just purchased a new xc60 mine is a D4 momentum still waiting on delivery though,thanks for letting people know that it does fit as i was also wondering if it would as not bought with the car.Like you i am also a first time user of this forum but don’t be put off by how other users reply as it’s sometimes not meant to sound how it comes across,i felt like that on a Vw touareg forum with some of the reply’s i received but just ignored them and found you can get good info from some of these guys who post,especially if you are keeping the car longer than 3years as this is when the problems start to arrive as you probably know. Hope you are enjoying your new car and have many trouble free years motoring.
seripco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2018, 00:46   #7
pagan8c
Master Member

I couldn't see where the reprimand was in the replies just genuine queries in order to assist the OP getting a straight reply. When some people reply they get straight to the point and maybe comes across a bit abrupt but not meant to admonish. I have seen some replies to other questions which are quite short shrift but not on this occasion. And if you are still here Roger welcome to the Forum.
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2018, 21:49   #8
Pdsam

The battery is indeed in the boot for the 2018 models.
There is also a well for a spare wheel including the foam insert, I have no spare wheel just the liquid but am also considering getting a spare wheel.
Pdsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19th, 2019, 12:55   #9
Benger

Hi Roger
I have just posted a space saver tyre for sale for an XC60 [MY19] if you are still looking.
in the sales section.
Thanks
Jens
Benger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 11:38   #10
pauljoz

The designer and/or exec who sign off on a car that cant accomodate a full size spare need to be stranded somewhere very hot or cold with a lesser diameter spacesaver 200km from a workshop.

Sheetmetal changes would be trivial to fit a spare with the same diameter.
pauljoz is offline   Reply With Quote