Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

It's time for.......your favourite tracks on your Volvo ICE

Views : 6088

Replies : 88

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 16:15   #11
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngloScot View Post
Human - The Killers

Just a great song, a classic uplifting song.

Arianne you should check their album called Battle Born, every track is quality (please note Human is not on this cd).
Will do. My son has a liking for The Killers and we have Human downloaded on SingStar. Nice track although I am not sure about the lead singer and the video.

Thanks for the recommendation though - I'll check out the album.

Much appreciated, Arianne
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 16:18   #12
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
Crikey, there's some heavy stuff here. Apart from The Jam track, I don't know the others. And that's the true reason this thread was created.

I have reached that age, nearly 50, yikes. I have an I-pod with over 1500 tracks.
You are still a youngster - my next Birthday will be the big 60.
But I think your music tasks could do with an uplift if your above posting is anything to go on - one of my favourites groups over the last few years has been Kasabian - not too heavy but better than your selection.....!!!
Just downloaded last weekend the new Digital Remastered versions of Led Zeppelin 1, 2 & 3 which has kept Jimmy Page busy over the last years. I was so into this group in the 70's but these new digital versions has given the music a whole new depth - no wonder they occupy 3 places in the Top 10 download charts at the moment.
I have an iPod 160 GB Classic in the car with over 10,000 tracks so I am never stuck for music to play when stuck on the M25 on a Friday night.
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 16:26   #13
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
You are still a youngster - my next Birthday will be the big 60.
But I think your music tasks could do with an uplift if your above posting is anything to go on - one of my favourites groups over the last few years has been Kasabian - not too heavy but better than your selection.....!!!
Just downloaded last weekend the new Digital Remastered versions of Led Zeppelin 1, 2 & 3 which has kept Jimmy Page busy over the last years. I was so into this group in the 70's but these new digital versions has given the music a whole new depth - no wonder they occupy 3 places in the Top 10 download charts at the moment.
I have an iPod 160 GB Classic in the car with over 10,000 tracks so I am never stuck for music to play when stuck on the M25 on a Friday night.
Kasabian, yes I've heard of them but I'm not familiar with their material - so that's another one for me to check. Led Zep though? I think that's a bit too far from the white lines in the middle of the road for me.

Thanks, Arianne
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 18:41   #14
Flux
Premier Member

Think I might download some of these tracks to my Spotify account to see what I've been missing (or not as the case may be!) - only it sounds like I might need some new speakers afterwards!!

Is it an age thing - I'm the wrong side of 48 but not heard much of the music from some of these artists so might need to broaden my horizons...........

Last edited by Flux; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 18:44.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 20:10   #15
Waggatron

"You can go your own way" by Fleetwood Mac.

Just a great song and using it to introduce the kids to some proper music (or am I just getting old and intolerant of the modern stuff they listen to!)

And always followed by "The Chain" at eardrum bursting levels :0)
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 22:33   #16
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
Think I might download some of these tracks to my Spotify account to see what I've been missing (or not as the case may be!) - only it sounds like I might need some new speakers afterwards!!

Is it an age thing - I'm the wrong side of 48 but not heard much of the music from some of these artists so might need to broaden my horizons...........
That makes two of us then!

Arianne
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 22:36   #17
Arianne
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebster View Post
"You can go your own way" by Fleetwood Mac.

Just a great song and using it to introduce the kids to some proper music (or am I just getting old and intolerant of the modern stuff they listen to!)

And always followed by "The Chain" at eardrum bursting levels :0)
I love that Fleetwood Mac track, as I do Sara. The Chain, is that the F1 opener?

Arianne
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 22:37   #18
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Y
Brilliant, best rock band ever. Pretty much every rock band today will tell you one of their main influences were Led Zep. I'm a drummer so of course even more interest in the band having had, IMO, one of the best rock drummers ever. So much feel for the kit!
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 23:41   #19
Dchant

Has to be my local stadium rockers Muse, track Starlight. Big rocky sound with a hint of Queen. Good call with Kasabian Simon, Mrs C has raved about them for ages but I've only recently converted. They were great at Glastonbury on Sunday night headlining.
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 06:32   #20
Waggatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arianne View Post
I love that Fleetwood Mac track, as I do Sara. The Chain, is that the F1 opener?

Arianne
It is Arianne....always makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and takes me right back to my formative years blasting through the country lanes between Jedburgh and Kelso with it blaring on the tape deck and me pretending I was Ayrton Senna!
Waggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waggatron For This Useful Post:

Tags
artist, favourite music, ice