Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Did you know that your car......

Views : 12304

Replies : 69

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 10th, 2015, 21:50   #61
DaiRees72

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy8442 View Post
Did you know that you have a little pocket at the front of the two front seats?
Yes, that's where I found my locking wheel nut key, several weeks after buying the car. I'd phoned the dealer lots of times and I think they were starting to panic about not being able to find it. When I eventually spoke to the salesman to say I'd found it he said "Of course, that's where I put it...."
Old Feb 10th, 2015, 21:59   #62
Alecm

Yes you CAN move the car without starting the engine.
With my 2001 V70 I could put the car from park to neutral and let it roll down the drive a bit, without starting the engine. Was disappointed that my new XC70 doesn't do this - you have to start the engine. But NO - if you put the key in, then press the start button without your foot on the brake (i.e. turn the ignition on), then you can move the gear lever.
Handy too if you want to just push the car a foot or so in the garage.
Alecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 09:29   #63
pacman67
VOC Member

With the light switch in position 0 my main beam is flash except at night when it works fully, light switch now redundant. Except for parking lights, and I suppose if DRL is off. Btw, if DRL are off are the inner side lights on ?
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.

Last edited by pacman67; Feb 15th, 2015 at 09:31.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2015, 13:03   #64
Alecm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman67 View Post
With the light switch in position 0 my main beam is flash except at night when it works fully, light switch now redundant. Except for parking lights, and I suppose if DRL is off. Btw, if DRL are off are the inner side lights on ?
Mine isn't. If in the daytime I flash and hold it too long, I'm driving around with headlights on full beam.
And if you put the light switch in the mid position (daytime headlights off) there is no warning buzzer to stop you leaving the parking lights on when you lock up the car. Strange, and maddening.
Alec
Alecm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 00:05   #65
100K+
Premier Member

Coming from a P2 with a proper handbrake to this electrical contraption fitted to my 2015MY D5 manual, I find that when stopped on a slope, without the park brake applied, the car will be held for approx. 3 secs before the brakes release, once the footbrake is released. This gives time to get the clutch bite point and drive away.
I'll be interested to find out if this still applies when my tin tent is attached to the rear.
Still hate the EPB .....

Cheers

Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 08:47   #66
tt82
Forum Support Team

Why not simply use the auto-release of the EPB. It's brilliant for hill starts!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 10:17   #67
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt82 View Post
Why not simply use the auto-release of the EPB. It's brilliant for hill starts!
I find myself getting confused about whether to push or pull the flappy thing to apply it, and its not that easy ( for me) to locate, as I have my seat along way back. Additionally, although I don't understand how it works, "driving through" a brake to release it surely can't be good????
Oh, and I'm a bit of a dinosaur.

Seriously though, I am getting more used to the thing, but use/access would be sooo much more convienient if it was located between the seats.

Cheers

Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 10:27   #68
tt82
Forum Support Team

Yes, I think everybody in this section complains about the location of the EPB. It really wasn't Volvo's finest hour!

I've never driven a manual version of these cars, so not too sure on how exactly it works on them but I think the theory is the same! Once the car starts to pull, it automatically disengages the EPB. On level surfaces there is a little bit of a judder as the engine and EPB work against each other and then EPB then gives up, but on hill starts it is quite seamless!

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2015, 10:43   #69
harveys
Master Member

The sat nav screen view zooms out itself ,the faster you go... (a fair bit above UK speed limits )
harveys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2015, 16:41   #70
Model flyer
Master Member

Did you know that if you have an electric tail gate fitted it will not work if the battery is a bit low . The circuit protects your car from over discharging your battery so that you will still be able to start the engine. I was very worried this morning and thought the tailgate had broken . I had started the car for a few seconds to move it . Later when I went to close the tailgate it had no power. I started the car again the message"Battery Low" came up on the screen .All works fine after a short trip

Previous Volvos 740 GLE . V40 CD ,V70 2.4 SE LPT.V70 D5 P2. V70 D5 Se Lux P3. Current Jaguar XF Sportbrake but still like Volvos

Last edited by Model flyer; Mar 2nd, 2015 at 16:48.
Model flyer is offline   Reply With Quote