Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone removed this part...

Views : 584

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2021, 16:46   #1
100K+
Premier Member

Default Anyone removed this part...

Attached is an image of the MAP sensor from my 2014 V70 D5. ( its in LH 1/3 of picture stamped with Volvo and Part No. 0261230219.) Has anyone changed this, or removed to clean this. Came across a website suggesting it needed cleaning every 30K kms. or error codes will be stored. I only found one reference on this site but nothing in VIDA. Just curious...before I start to fiddle.

Cheers
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor MAP.jpg (258.9 KB, 59 views)
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2021, 18:19   #2
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
Attached is an image of the MAP sensor from my 2014 V70 D5. ( its in LH 1/3 of picture stamped with Volvo and Part No. 0261230219.) Has anyone changed this, or removed to clean this. Came across a website suggesting it needed cleaning every 30K kms. or error codes will be stored. I only found one reference on this site but nothing in VIDA. Just curious...before I start to fiddle.

Cheers
Bob
Yes I've removed to clean only, as online pictures showed extremely dirty MAP sensors, however at 80k miles mine only had the faintest of accumulated oil debris to clean off. No noticeable difference afterwards.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 13:39   #3
100K+
Premier Member

Default 55K miles MAP sensor innards V70 D5 2015MY

This is my MAP sensor innards. Don't know if this is considered dirty or not but its what I have. Noticed a small round hole and a " crescent moon" hole at the base of the "cage" . Only worry now is where else is this black gunk accumulated in my engine....That's a worry for another day though.

Cheers
Bob

PS to clean I scraped the black gunk off with a watchmakers screwdriver. Didn't know which solvent to use, and if it would adversely effect the sensor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor MAP inside 01.jpg (159.8 KB, 35 views)
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 16:08   #4
BigGreenThing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100K+ View Post
This is my MAP sensor innards. Don't know if this is considered dirty or not but its what I have. Noticed a small round hole and a " crescent moon" hole at the base of the "cage" . Only worry now is where else is this black gunk accumulated in my engine....That's a worry for another day though.

Cheers
Bob

PS to clean I scraped the black gunk off with a watchmakers screwdriver. Didn't know which solvent to use, and if it would adversely effect the sensor.

Mine was far worse than this. I held it so the cage pointed downwards and I used brake/clutch cleaner spray to get rid of gunk, then wiped down (gently) with a kitchen towel and waited until totally dried. I then used a split matchstick to flick away bits of stuck carbon. At 130k+ I don't think my car had EVER had it cleaned. I guess I'd hoped for a miraculous/noticeable change...didn't find that..but at least the sensor is very clean!! It was at this point I did wonder what state other relevant internal parts were in a similar state too!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreenThing For This Useful Post: