Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Agreed Value insurance

Views : 2511

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 16:37   #11
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickman View Post
Useless when I rang them, did lots of sucking through their teeth noises and gave a quote of £800, and only as a second car, and 5k max per year otherwise would be even more.
Nope.
Well, they are clearly not useless as evidenced by what I pay. Similarly, my neighbour has his 1959 MGA insured through them at an all up cost of £90 (yes £90) for 3000 miles a year including agreed value and his 1965 Mk 2 2.4.Jaguar at £140 at the same mileage.

It suggests you simply don't fit the profile for a good rate from the insurers they use or its where you live or some other such impairment.

Regards
John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 16:50   #12
Rich850R
Master Member

Chris Knott i am with agreed valuation of £16k

Require pic heavy detailed information

£289 with all mods declared
Rich850R is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich850R For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 20:31   #13
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Peter S Taylor as my previous post:~
£246:00 in Total - that is for two cars as mentioned.

Runabout required- 3'000 miles per annum per car (salvage buy back agreement)
agreed value-off road parking and a family run firm providing excellent service.
Options can include legal & breakdown cover.
Bob.

(My '54 Riley comes in at £82:00 terms as above)

Last edited by Bob Meadows; Oct 22nd, 2021 at 20:33.
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 22nd, 2021, 20:36   #14
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Hi.
Please feel free to give us a try for agreed value insurance if you wish.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 21:43   #15
Turbodave
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Had absolutely no problems getting agreed value insurance on our 98 S70 and 97 S90 earlier this year with Adrian Flux.

Jack
Just be aware that they may ask what you think it's worth at the time of quoting / accepting, but if that's all they've done then it's not an agreed value policy.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2021, 12:31   #16
Bob Meadows
Premier Member

Good point & worth noting:~
"Agreed Value" will have the figure and words stated on the policy document.

Review each year keeping pace with market changes- no get out jail options for the insurance company is vital with older cars and values.

At the drop of a hat some will write it off but have agreements between themselves (knock for knock) and in some cases your car could be resold under a different category (they will certainly make sure they will not loose out)
You can and should do the same.
I would also look for a salvage buy back agreement if the worst happens!

Choose your company & terms with care!!
Bob.

Last edited by Bob Meadows; Oct 27th, 2021 at 12:41.
Bob Meadows is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bob Meadows For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 10:48   #17
brickman
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM 855 T5R View Post
Well, they are clearly not useless as evidenced by what I pay. Similarly, my neighbour has his 1959 MGA insured through them at an all up cost of £90 (yes £90) for 3000 miles a year including agreed value and his 1965 Mk 2 2.4.Jaguar at £140 at the same mileage.

It suggests you simply don't fit the profile for a good rate from the insurers they use or its where you live or some other such impairment.

Regards
John
Tried with another two of my fleet and none of what they could offer was much use. Suspect it was early in their monthly target cycle and they were aiming high!
Live in a good spot, no garage (but who ever uses one even when they have one!), lots of ncb, and all users are in the good categories for work. Maybe I'll try them next year on a different week and see if it's any better.
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 13:49   #18
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Tried with another two of my fleet and none of what they could offer was much use. Suspect it was early in their monthly target cycle and they were aiming high!
Live in a good spot, no garage (but who ever uses one even when they have one!), lots of ncb, and all users are in the good categories for work. Maybe I'll try them next year on a different week and see if it's any better.
You obviously don't fit the profile. All the cars I have had on agreed value have had to be garaged. Not used for business and an additional car for occasional use with limited mileage. When I say occasional use I mean I can choose to take the car to Waitrose, not be forced to as there is no other available.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 18:18   #19
JohnM 855 T5R
VOC Member

Quote:
Therein lies part of the issue - for cheap agreed value classics, garaging is a must.

John
11 C70 Solstice T5 Polestar
19 XC40 T5 R-Design Polestar
JohnM 855 T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2021, 20:52   #20
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodave View Post
Just be aware that they may ask what you think it's worth at the time of quoting / accepting, but if that's all they've done then it's not an agreed value policy.
Hi.
To agree a value with normally need to see a number of photographs of the vehicle together with the completions of a self declaration vehicle condition report.
Regards,
Dan.
DAN AT ADRIAN FLUX is offline   Reply With Quote