Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 T5 Sport Cat/downpipe

Views : 1402

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2006, 19:54   #1
D19VDM
VOC Member

Default C70 T5 Sport Cat/downpipe

I have recieved a BSR 3" downpipe and sport cat from Nordic for my 1998 C70 T5. However it will not fit to my car as the flange to the turbo is different and the new system is a lot longer. I gave the chassis number when I ordered and Nordic say this is the cat for my car. They are looking into it and over the last few days have been trying to find the correct cat for me with no luck so far. The car is a 1998 C70 T5 GT Auto. First regestered on 15/05/98 and the original cat has a fixed 3 hole flange to the turbo, two lambda probes and a ball type socket to the rear section. The BSR cat has a floating flange and flared end. There is also a tail piece that fits on to the new cat, however either way it will not fit.

Can anyone help with this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VOLVO Cat 002.jpg (305.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg VOLVO Cat 009.jpg (304.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg VOLVO Cat 010.jpg (315.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg VOLVO Cat 011.jpg (318.2 KB, 14 views)
D19VDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 20:23   #2
RT Mechanics
A yellow volvo lover

Hi what is the part number of the exhaust from nordic i will check for you.

Russ
RT Mechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 00:18   #3
NatHLM

Hi,

That is the downpipe for an earlier T5 circa 1994 - 1995. with the conical turbo flange. The BSR downpipes do not mate up to a standard Cat Back.

If you need further help in sourcing the correct downpipe for your car give me or 1 of the boys a call at VT Chip Tuning in the morning.

Nat
xx
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 09:27   #4
don kalmar union
Trader

The Ferrita exhausts, both downpipes and cat-back systems are completely interchangeable with Volvo originals.

You can check various pictures on www.ferrita.se

For the 850 and S/V/C turbo models there are in order three different downpipes, the one with a loose flange which apparently you have, the next one that had a sweeping curve from the turbo flange and the one with a less severe first bend to mate to those later turbos that turned the gasses within their casting.

I have been importing the Ferrita stuff for 10 years now, they use the very best 100cel Kemira/Ecocat cat: I sell them for £520 plus VAT, £611.

Ferrita have very recently changed their method of manufacture which has reduced the price to me, which is reflected in my reduced price.

Generally, the cheaper the competative offering the lower the comparative quality of the essential cat itself.

From the cat back, the Ferrita system costs £295 including VAT and I give an unlimited materials warranty on it to the first purchaser whilst the car is in his possession.

Regards,

Don.Norchi.

www.kalmar-union.com

PS. I will revise the prices shown on my website when my new site is finally sorted.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote