Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S80 mirrors out of synch

Views : 1800

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:16   #1
costajus

Default S80 mirrors out of synch

Hi everyone, I have a 2002 S80. I am not sure what has happened but today when I got into the car I noticed the drivers mirror was folded in and the passengers was not. When I press the folding mirrors button now one folds in and the other folds out so I am always having just 1 mirror I can use!

I have tried manually folding one out and also folding one in but no good.

Any ideas? I was thinking take the door card off, disconnect the wiring to one mirror and press the button to get the other mirror back in synch. I don't know if this would work and I don't want to start removing door cards in the rain unless I have to.

Any other suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance as always.
costajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:20   #2
burchi

Hello...

I would advise against manually moving the electrically adjusting mirrors as this can cause damage.

I have the same issue as you though and I resolve by removing the panel at the right end of the dash which exposes a bank of fuses. Look on the label on the back of the panel and find the ones that are related to Driver door and Passenger door.

Remove the fuse to the side that has been out of sync, turn on the car ignition and move the mirror so that the one that still has power is back in sync again.. Turn off the ignition and replace the fuse you removed and put the panel back on again.

Job done!

Good luck

Ian

2003 ('53 reg) V70 R Manual.
Ferrita 3" Downpipe & Sport CAT, HEICO Sport Exhaust with Quad Tips!

Sold but not forgotten....
1998 Saffron V70 R AWD Manual
RICA 310 Chip, SAMCO Hoses, S/Steel Exhaust with 2 x 4" Outlets, OEM Strut Brace, Dynaudio Premium Upgrade, K&N Panel Filter
burchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:42   #3
costajus

Ian,

thanks for your reply. I did not realise there were separate fuses for each door.

However I have tried that and it hasn't worked. I tried removing each fuse in turn, "synching" up the mirrors then replacing the fuse. The car then folds one mirror only on the first attempt then on subsequent attempts it is back to folding one in and one out at the same time.

This has happened since the car has been standing for a few weeks and the battery went flat, I don't know if this is related.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 10:57   #4
burchi

Ah right...

Sorry can't help any more with this then as that is what always works on mine.

I think the dealers can do a VIDA UEM (upper electrical module) reset which should sync everything back again...

Usual charges I guess though!

2003 ('53 reg) V70 R Manual.
Ferrita 3" Downpipe & Sport CAT, HEICO Sport Exhaust with Quad Tips!

Sold but not forgotten....
1998 Saffron V70 R AWD Manual
RICA 310 Chip, SAMCO Hoses, S/Steel Exhaust with 2 x 4" Outlets, OEM Strut Brace, Dynaudio Premium Upgrade, K&N Panel Filter
burchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 11:36   #5
costajus

Ok I have sort of sussed it.

Take one fuse out and get the mirrors synched up again.

Replace the fuse then remove the fuse for BOTH doors or BOTH mirrors (this fuse us labelled differently in the handbook to the back of the fuse box).

The mirrors now go in the same direction however I have noticed that the button can require several presses before any folding happens. Same with the buttons to adjust the mirror glass up and down.

I am going to disconnect the battery while I give it a good charge and see if maybe this resets things.
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 15:42   #6
paolo

I have found that one press usually just folds the drivers mirror and 2 presses folds both, so maybe it's a "feature"
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 16:38   #7
jasmith44
jasmith44

try http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...rs#post1145521
jasmith44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2012, 16:42   #8
jasmith44
jasmith44

try http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...rs#post1145521 as for pressing the button mine takes a few seconds between presses for them to work.Hope this helps.
jasmith44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 01:28   #9
electrocoolman

Default Same problem on V70 2003

Hi guys,
Just had same problem on my 2003 V70 D5. On studying the wiring diagram, the three modules involved appeared to be the two door DDM/PDM control modules and the CCM (Climate Control Module) which the switch connects to.
Tried setting mirror out and then pulling the relevant fuse (11C/35 LH or 11C/36 RH) to freeze the mirror, and then operating again to set the other mirror out. Putting back the fuse didn't work.....they were still out of sync.
It was only when I pulled the 5A fuse (11C/23 [I think]) for the CCM that everything reset OK.
Worth bearing in mind.
electrocoolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 07:44   #10
Marmitespreader
Master Member

UEM RESET

- Close all of the doors and bonnet.
- Key in position II engine not running.
- Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the driver door panel in the closed
or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the windows are closed.
- Release buttons.
- Remove the ignition key.
- Operated the remote twice. lock/unlock lock/unlock.
Marmitespreader is offline   Reply With Quote