Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus restarting itself

Views : 2448

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2021, 17:02   #11
RonFleet

My XC40's Sensus has been rebooting quite a bit recently, so I've switched to FM instead of DAB to see if that makes a difference. So far, no reboots after a week. Sounds hinky to me.
XC40 T3 R-Design Automatic
RonFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 18:32   #12
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonFleet View Post
My XC40's Sensus has been rebooting quite a bit recently, so I've switched to FM instead of DAB to see if that makes a difference. So far, no reboots after a week. Sounds hinky to me.
Using FM does seem to provide a workaround. However you do not have to avoid DAB completely. Just have Sensus boot using FM (i.e. leave the radio on FM before switch off). After Sensus boots you can switch to DAB for your journey.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 08:40   #13
crashbarrier

techwatcher,

That's interesting. It hasn't rebooted since I first posted and I've resolutely stuck to DAB so as to witness the first reboot before switching away from DAB to see if, what has been inevitable previously, the follow-on reboots occur. Mind you, I'm not the main driver of the car and my wife's choice of station varies.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 09:29   #14
RonFleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Using FM does seem to provide a workaround. However you do not have to avoid DAB completely. Just have Sensus boot using FM (i.e. leave the radio on FM before switch off). After Sensus boots you can switch to DAB for your journey.
Hi techwatcher,

Thanks for the tip. It's the approach I'm using... a bit of a fankle but if it solves the problem until there's a fix from Volvo, I'll put up with it.
XC40 T3 R-Design Automatic
RonFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 20:17   #15
met24

Had CarPlay running (and providing navigation) on a drive this afternoon, DAB radio playing. All happy. On the next journey I didn't plug the phone in, and within a minute or so Sensus rebooted on me. Only once, fortunately, but it had forgotten the destination I'd set on its own navigation before it rebooted.

Mind you, my company Windows laptop spontaneously rebooted while I was having dinner, so perhaps I shouldn't complain too much.
Old Apr 16th, 2021, 11:01   #16
Raddish

Had my first senus reset about 4 minutes into a journey, was on DAB as always. Afterward my map position was quite a way off. Going to see how things go.
Raddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2021, 17:29   #17
Raddish

How do you select fm? I have options for usb, dab and Bluetooth in the media Center
Raddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2021, 17:58   #18
St Evelyn
VOC Member

Swipe from left to right to get to your apps, you'll find it near the top (unless it's been moved).

Current - 2017 V90 D4 Inscription
Previous - 2011 S80 D3
St Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St Evelyn For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 09:55   #19
crashbarrier

The car went to the dealer for them to investigate and true to form, they handed the keys back within minutes and told me of the planned 14th June Volvo software fix that was coming. I pushed them to at least take a look and check a few things just in case there was something else amiss and as I was questioning the turning circle I went for a drive with a technician.
Luck was on my side and within minutes the Sensus shut down and slowly came back to life....twice. He said that they had had lots of complaints but they had never witnessed it themselves. Still nothing they could do and it's a wait now for June when I was told it will be an official recall.
Old Apr 18th, 2021, 10:14   #20
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddish View Post
How do you select fm? I have options for usb, dab and Bluetooth in the media Center
Once you have selected FM from your the top of apps page as "ST Evelyn" has said, FM will show in media. Media only hold so many short cuts, one other short cut will drop off when FM is selected but will go back again to replace another short cut if selected in the above manner.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote