Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seatbelt recall

Views : 6819

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 12th, 2021, 15:33   #31
Custard Avenger

Just had the seatbelt recall work done on my XC60 - I didn't notice that there is now a gaping hole in the front seat trim when I collected the car, and I now realise that cannot reach the buckle with my left hand, as it sits way too low, like I have done when putting on the belt in literally every car I have driven. Wish I hadn't had the work done as there were no problems.
Custard Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 16:18   #32
Deck1ng
Master Member

Do you think the new anchor strap is too small then. I felt mine was too long as it sticks up well above the plastic trim, whereas the original clip was, just above the trim.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 16:38   #33
ridax

Buy a set of seat belt buttons
ridax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 17:26   #34
jasmith44
jasmith44

I bought a set of these on ebay 133724243910. Just put that number into ebay. Brings it back to where it should be.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 18:36   #35
Deck1ng
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridax View Post
Buy a set of seat belt buttons
£5 per pair, nice quick fix.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 23:22   #36
Chrisv60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck1ng View Post
Do you think the new anchor strap is too small then. I felt mine was too long as it sticks up well above the plastic trim, whereas the original clip was, just above the trim.
Strangely, there appear to be different fixes. On mine, they've removed the anchor strap completely so the bit that used to plug in to the strap is now bolted directly to the seat base. Which lowers the buckle stop quite a bit.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 07:40   #37
scbamber

Reading all of yesterday's posts I am beginning to feel confused! Mine has yet to be done.

Some posts suggest that the strap being replaced by some dealers is the inboard (ie buckle) strap into which the seat belt is clipped every time you put the seatbelt on. Why else would anyone need to buy a buckle extender off eBay, which won't meet Volvo standards anyway?!

The official letter that I got described the outside anchor strap (is nearer the door) as the strap to be replaced, and had photos to show exactly what was meant.

Have I misunderstood, or are some dealers/fitters getting it wrong, very wrong?

Last edited by scbamber; Apr 13th, 2021 at 07:59.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 08:15   #38
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbamber View Post
Reading all of yesterday's posts I am beginning to feel confused! Mine has yet to be done.

Some posts suggest that the strap being replaced by some dealers is the inboard (ie buckle) strap into which the seat belt is clipped every time you put the seatbelt on. Why else would anyone need to buy a buckle extender off eBay, which won't meet Volvo standards anyway?!

The official letter that I got described the outside anchor strap (is nearer the door) as the strap to be replaced, and had photos to show exactly what was meant.

Have I misunderstood, or are some dealers/fitters getting it wrong, very wrong?
It’s the one nearer the door.

I wish it was the one with the buckle. Releasing that in a hurry is a thing of the past in my V70. Not very safe, really.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 08:24   #39
Chrisv60

Yes, it was the strap next to the door that was removed on mine. It used to stick up and I think the issue was that it could potentially be damaged whilst getting in and out of the seat.

The seatbelt webbing has a small button in it about 2ft from the base to stop the buckle sliding to the floor when it's parked. Taking the anchor strap out makes that button sit lower to the floor, hence buying another button from eBay.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 11:18   #40
Deck1ng
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmith44 View Post
I bought a set of these on ebay 133724243910. Just put that number into ebay. Brings it back to where it should be.
This number on eBay represents 2xbuckle extensions. Not the buttons.

It would appear that on some vehicles it’s easier to remove the problem totally by removing the strap between floor fixing and anchor point.