Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered Arrival!!

Views : 3880

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2019, 22:45   #1
sk546
Master Member

Default MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered Arrival!!

So, after putting my initial order in almost 12 months ago (originally for a T8 R-Design Pro and switching my order to a T8 Polestar Engineered back in May), I received notification today from my dealer that my car had actually arrived!!! (including a quick video walk around of the car in all its transport protection)

My only issue with the whole process is that up until my car physically arriving at the dealership and was logged into the system, the Volvo tracking system was showing an estimated arrival date of the 20th Dec. Even after it was logged into the system, it showed an estimated arrival of 22nd November??
The great part about this is my car arrived a whole month early!!
The bad part is that we had everything planned out for a mid December arrival date and as such, our home charging point hasn't been installed yet and up until today, my plate was still on my current run around.
First world issues I know, but still annoying!

I am hoping to be able to collect the car early next week but there may be a few hoops to jump through first (there are a few Dealer Install options to fit before collection).
First drive thoughts and picture will follow soon after pickup has happened.

For all those out there awaiting delivery of your T8's, stay strong, it looks like the build slots are coming through early!!
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 00:15   #2
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
So, after putting my initial order in almost 12 months ago (originally for a T8 R-Design Pro and switching my order to a T8 Polestar Engineered back in May), I received notification today from my dealer that my car had actually arrived!!! (including a quick video walk around of the car in all its transport protection)

My only issue with the whole process is that up until my car physically arriving at the dealership and was logged into the system, the Volvo tracking system was showing an estimated arrival date of the 20th Dec. Even after it was logged into the system, it showed an estimated arrival of 22nd November??
The bad part is that we had everything planned out for a mid December arrival date and as such, our home charging point hasn't been installed yet and up until today, my plate was still on my current run around.

I am hoping to be able to collect the car early next week but there may be a few hoops to jump through first (there are a few Dealer Install options to fit before collection).

For all those out there awaiting delivery of your T8's, stay strong, it looks like the build slots are coming through early!!

T8 will charge happily from a 13a socket with the standard charger (unless of course you chose the double type 2 cable option!) - even with a (heavy duty i.e 2.5mm2) extension lead, so you may be able to manage until your home charger is fitted. D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 04:24   #3
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:

CONGRATULATIONS What a beast! Show us photos please as soon as you can
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 07:32   #4
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
T8 will charge happily from a 13a socket with the standard charger (unless of course you chose the double type 2 cable option!) - even with a (heavy duty i.e 2.5mm2) extension lead, so you may be able to manage until your home charger is fitted. D76
Thats the issue, I did option the double type 2 cable as I didn't expect to need the standard 13a socket charger as the charging point I'm getting has a tethered type 2 connection on it.
I may have to sweet talk the dealership and see if they have a 'spare' standard charger lying around.........

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 19:28   #5
sk546
Master Member

Attached are some pics of my new XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered from collection day on Tuesday.
Only had until wednesday morning to drive it as I am away working but so far really impressed with it. Cant wait to get home to drive it some more and play about with the suspension settings!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191126_171727.1.jpg (300.9 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_171621.1.jpg (280.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_105343.1.jpg (302.7 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_105351.1.jpg (203.8 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_105904.1.jpg (261.2 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg 20191126_105909.1.jpg (265.3 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg 20191123_121829.1.jpg (305.5 KB, 177 views)
File Type: jpg 20191123_121858.1.jpg (253.3 KB, 181 views)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 20:41   #6
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

I saw your car in the workshop from Reception at 8am on Tuesday morning whilst dropping my car off for some warranty work - it looked stunning through the glass.

I just felt sorry that it was such a miserable wet day for you to collect the car - no doubt pretty dirty after a few minutes out on the road!!

Good luck with the car.
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 20:56   #7
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
I saw your car in the workshop from Reception at 8am on Tuesday morning whilst dropping my car off for some warranty work - it looked stunning through the glass.

I just felt sorry that it was such a miserable wet day for you to collect the car - no doubt pretty dirty after a few minutes out on the road!!

Good luck with the car.
Thanks SuffolkBoy, It looked stunning under the lights in the showroom and it stayed pretty clean for most of the journey back to Norwich. Not the best collection day weather but not the worst either.
Wednesday morning was the worst on the way to the airport as it had rained heavily all night and the roads were soaking and full of sugarbeet mud!!

This was what it looked like in the garage later that day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20191127-WA0006[1].jpg (177.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20191127-WA0007[1].jpg (182.5 KB, 147 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 28th, 2019, 22:06   #8
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Thanks SuffolkBoy, It looked stunning under the lights in the showroom and it stayed pretty clean for most of the journey back to Norwich. Not the best collection day weather but not the worst either.
Wednesday morning was the worst on the way to the airport as it had rained heavily all night and the roads were soaking and full of sugarbeet mud!!

This was what it looked like in the garage later that day!
yeah... and black colour you know how it is... way more visible. i mean dirt. S10+?

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Nov 28th, 2019 at 23:39.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2019, 21:16   #9
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
yeah... and black colour you know how it is... way more visible. i mean dirt. S10+?
Black looks lovely when its clean and shiny but is such a pain to keep clean, especially in winter!!

Just an S8 but it does the trick.

The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 23:57   #10
Deman77
Master Member

Black is the right colour. Very nice.
All cars look awful covered in winter muck - black looks bad a bit sooner than others but nothing looks as good as clean black in the sun. It’s worth it. Plus I think this crop of Volvos was drawn in black by designers. Just like the e46 bmw was always meant to be grey.

Take some pictures from farther away with the most zoom (even digital is fine) so it’s not distorting car proportions with wide angle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deman77 For This Useful Post: