Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted some amzon parts:)

Views : 3992

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2010, 12:17   #1
Kustom120

Default Wanted some amzon parts:)

Hi guys just joined ,and I am in need of some parts for my sons project 68 2 Door Amazon,
1 x Radiator cap
Brake flexi pipes,
2 x Rear Shockers,
Brake pads fitting Kit
Interior light clear lense,
Ignition key and barrel,and both door locks?
Both Air filters are missing (1800 Twin carbs)
Poss steering wheel boss as may change the wheel at some stage.

The parts I need do not have to be brand new I am quite happy with second hand stuff as we are building the car on a budget.

This is my sons first project and he is 13 so I thought it time he had a car to learn how to weld ,turn a spanner,do body work etc .
Every time I carry out a job on the car I let Andrew have a go,so slowly he learns how to do all these tasks and the tools to carry them out

Many thanks Andy (Dad) and Andrew (Son)
Kustom120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 18:38   #2
Quarterless
Master Member

I would not get brake pipes second hand you will have no idea of the condition of the pipes. Its a safety risk I would not want to take.
Quarterless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 19:04   #3
Kustom120

I didn't mean all the parts and yes I know it wouldn't be good practice to use second hand brake hoses,thanks for looking out for me .
I just ment parts like the steering hub or interior light cover etc .
Serviceable parts need to be new.
Thanks again Andy
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 14:08   #4
Kustom120

Nobody have the parts I need ???? I thought I would be fighting you all off with a stick Andy
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 13:43   #5
Quarterless
Master Member

1 x Radiator cap - buy new.
Brake flexi pipes, - buy new.
2 x Rear Shockers, I have some NOS but not sure if front or rear, saloon or estate. Will check for you.
Brake pads fitting Kit - Fiddle bits that more often than not are rusty therefore - buy new.
Interior light clear lense, - Most often crack due to age so not many around therefore - buy new.
Ignition key and barrel,and both door locks? - Original ignition barrels suffer from the dreaded breaking key. Can be sourced but you might have the same issue. - therefore change ingnition lock or buy new.
Both Air filters are missing (1800 Twin carbs) - probably pick these up on ebay. If you have SU's try looking out for MG or similar models which use SU's
Poss steering wheel boss as may change the wheel at some stage. - these rarely crop up on ebay and can cost a fair amount. If you want one soon then - buy new.
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 21:07   #6
Kustom120

Not being cheeky but" Buy new" is the easy way out plus the expensive one also...
No skill in buying new but you are right flexi hoses should be bought new I was asking the members of the forum if poss they had any of these parts spare in there workshops before I have to" Buy New "
I find tracking the parts down is as much fun as building my cars and along the way you meet some good people......Maybe you can help me
Where would I buy new the parts I have asked for ,Brook house is the only person I have dealt with in the past and were very helpful Anyone else I should know about?????Thank you very much for your suggestions and Advise Andy and Andrew
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 21:45   #7
Quarterless
Master Member

I understand where you are coming from, as I like to find bits second hand, just saying why not many people are coming forward with the bits you want.
I ended up buying a complete car and breaking it for parts to save funds. As well as waiting and searching for years for other bits. It all depends how long you have. Hence the suggestion to buy new .
Skandix is good for bits and has a great catalogue of parts you can buy.
Old Apr 20th, 2010, 22:40   #8
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustom120 View Post
Where would I buy new the parts I have asked for ,Brook house is the only person I have dealt with in the past and were very helpful Anyone else I should know about?????
There are other places in the UK, but Brookhouse are usually the best priced, and Simon really knows his stuff, as well as providing excellent customer service. If it is available new, he can get it - e.g if you see it on the webste of one of the Swedish Amazon parts places, they supply to him as well. It may be possible to get some parts cheaper from overseas (less likely now due to the weak Sterling), but takes longer etc etc.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 00:36   #9
jakobandhismakarov
Master Member

I have a [massive] steering wheel boss adaptor with a clip on connector for the horn. I was told it was the correct PCD for a modern Nardi wheel, but I have no idea whether that's right.

Give us until tomorrow and I'll get you some shots. It came from German eBay and I bought it when I was trying to get round how to fit my 16" Nardi that came off a display stand back in the day. In the end I had the centre cut out and press splined by a machinist friend of mine using a scrap column I swapped with Dai Brace.
Old Apr 21st, 2010, 17:11   #10
agent_strangelove
Pastry Engineer

I figured someone closer to you would sound off but... I have door locks and an igntion cylinder (with key) as good used units. I also have some so-so interior light lens if you are not worried about it being show quality.

Drop me a note directly and I can email photos.

Thanks
Chris
agent_strangelove@hotmail.com
(Yes, I'm across the pond but mail parts all over the world...)
agent_strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote