Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What are the best tyres to put on an XC90?

Views : 804948

Replies : 1192

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2024, 19:19   #1191
xco
Premier Member

It is not compulsory to fit XL tyres to an xc90 but more of a personal choice and for the few extra pennies involved is common sense to me.
It certainly improves the ride and control of this big comfortable beast
It was because of the state of the roads in ill repair nowadays that persuaded me to buy an xc90.
I was fed up keep paying out for damaged suspension components and burst tyres.
It helps protect against side wall damage when entering and exiting potholes which very often you don't see until it's too late.

It helps prevent damage when parallel parking in a tight spot and accidental kerbing sometimes.

And last but not least there is a tendency for newly resurfaced roads today to be a couple of inches above original level but the surface water gully gratings never get raised so the gully then acts the same as entering and exiting a pothole.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!

Last edited by xco; Feb 13th, 2024 at 19:24.
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2024, 11:35   #1192
giw12

Went with Goodyear Efficient Grip 2 SUV in the end. They are the 107 XL ones (I have only ever run 103s) and, blimey, what a difference. They just feel so much more stable and responsive, even with a knackered ball joint (being fixed tomorrow)!
giw12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to giw12 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 14th, 2024, 06:31   #1193
xco
Premier Member

Glad you notice the difference...people just don't realise what a difference it makes...try them on 39psi and they should go where you aim them and last you for ages(that is the recommended eco setting for the XC90)
Enjoy.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!
xco is offline   Reply With Quote