Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 196307

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2019, 00:00   #291
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Hi Barry, we called you on 28/11 at 10:01 on the number you supplied. Your colleague said you weren't available so we left her a message for you.

With regard to the garage insurance, what are you wanting to protect against? Do the terms of the lease include you covering the building? If you're wanting to cover theft of or fire damage to garaged items, you'd just make sure your current home insurance covers items temporarily/permanently stored away from home.

Hope that helps?

best,
Nick
sounds like I'll have to fire them LOL, yes I'm having difficulty as my property is supplied with the job so I dont have any house insurance. I purely need to insure the garage contents
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2019, 12:21   #292
CondorXC90

I was keen to try your services after coming into the Volvo fold from a BMW 4.8is which died following a coolant loss on the motorway - I was very shocked at the massive quote compared to the 4.8 (highly tuned, big V8) BM, for my elderly (2008) newly acquired XC90 - by comparison a "little" diesel D5. The lady I spoke to was rather disinterested, I thought, although polite. I went elsewhere - given I am over 60 with excellent driving history, Saga was pretty good and almost a third less than your quote.

Glad the privileged amongst us seem to get good deals, though.

XC90 2008 Sport SE Geartronic, sunroof, privacy, heated seats, phone/RTI, Nav, HP Sound,
CondorXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2019, 10:35   #293
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybritcher View Post
sounds like I'll have to fire them LOL, yes I'm having difficulty as my property is supplied with the job so I dont have any house insurance. I purely need to insure the garage contents
Hi Barry, there is one more avenue open to us. We have a single insurer who will offer cover for this. Can I get someone to call you on the hotel number or is there a better one to use (please PM me if so)?

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 14:01   #294
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

yes the hotel number is no problem thanks.
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2020, 13:21   #295
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Check out the post about our latest competition for any member who gets a quote by 31st March - https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=302922

QUOTELINE: 0800 023 4374

best,
Nick

Feedback about Chris Knott...

"Just about to renew my other car with Chris Knott using this service. Sent the request and had a phone call at 9am the following day. Quote was £300 cheaper than what I was currently paying so fingers crossed that the quote I received is still valid tomorrow morning. So far a very positive experience and will be looking at insuring the GT86 when it is due in January." JohnM, GT86/BRZ Drivers Club

"I was recommended by a colleague at work who has been with you for 10 years and said he’s never had a problem and always had good prices and always spoken with helpful people so I rang up and got a quote which I was very happy with. The lady I spoke to was very helpful and it helped me and answered all questions I asked so I was very happy I was treated very well." Mr Domenico Dellegrazie, TrustPilot

"I have been with Chris Knott for a few years and recently asked them for cover on my new runabout. They provided a competitive quote straightaway on Saturday morning and even mirrored my existing NCB. Thanks! " Jonathan, TrustPilot

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 15:03   #296
ASt85
Premier Member

This the beginning of March 2020, I've insured my 2004 Volvo V70 T5 using VOC Insurance via Chris Knott Insurance at a saving just over £100 p.a. of the comparable cover from M&S, so........I've approached them re insuring my 2005 soft top C70 at the renewal later in March, agaion, a saving of over £100 with the same level of fully comp insurance. I've bought RAC breakdown insurance via Quidco which covers me driving all three cars, including the Eunos, "at home,roadside, recovery, onward journey & a rental car + lost or stolen key & lock cover" for a discounted price of £71, via quidco's cash back.

The net saving is a few pence shy of £295 for the year.
THANK YOU CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE and VOC INSURANCE QUOTELINE

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Feb 29th, 2020 at 15:05.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ASt85 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 00:01   #297
daveyb

Do they do business insurance ?
daveyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 08:35   #298
ASt85
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyb View Post
Yes - the link from their home page https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/ is

https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/business_insurance.html

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:52   #299
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyb View Post
Hi, yes we do. Our commercial team would be glad to offer a quote.

best,
Nick

Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 10:53   #300
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
This the beginning of March 2020, I've insured my 2004 Volvo V70 T5 using VOC Insurance via Chris Knott Insurance at a saving just over £100 p.a. of the comparable cover from M&S, so........I've approached them re insuring my 2005 soft top C70 at the renewal later in March, agaion, a saving of over £100 with the same level of fully comp insurance. I've bought RAC breakdown insurance via Quidco which covers me driving all three cars, including the Eunos, "at home,roadside, recovery, onward journey & a rental car + lost or stolen key & lock cover" for a discounted price of £71, via quidco's cash back.

The net saving is a few pence shy of £295 for the year.
THANK YOU CHRIS KNOTT INSURANCE and VOC INSURANCE QUOTELINE
Excellent news! Thanks very much for your custom.

best,
Nick

The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisKnottIns For This Useful Post: