Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 123gt for sale.

Views : 1234

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 09:49   #1
cockneydave

Default Volvo 123gt for sale.

Good morning, i have joined here to give enthusiasts the chance to buy a rare 123gt in case you had missed it.
The car is a very solid car unused for 20 years, currently mid re commission and on axle stands for inspection, it does run, go into gear and move.
Showing 46999 miles, i have traced the history as far as i can, i have also done all the checks to be sure it is what it should be, i am convinced it is.
Chassis number 133352m 26????.
The other reason for posting here, if it is not your knowledge will tell me.
It is listed on ebay, a quick search will find it, as much info as i could find and as many pictures as i could put up, mainly of the bad bits, i have loads more i can send by whatsapp.
It genuinely was a spur of the moment listing while listing 2 others, the old skool mechanic who has been working on it has not been well and now heavier work is needed he is not able at the moment.
It is a very good car that does not look like a patchwork quilt, has an interesting ownership history, and i have pictured any rusty areas i can find.Couple of missing key parts and it had a cosmetic resto sometime prior to 2001, new wings and a repaint.
be happy to hear your thoughts.
cockneydave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cockneydave For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 17:14   #2
markymar93

hi. please email me with details and price. markmason_123@yahoo.co.uk thanks
markymar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 20:27   #3
cockneydave

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymar93 View Post
hi. please email me with details and price. markmason_123@yahoo.co.uk thanks
All the details are on the ebay listing, don,t think i could put anymore, and i have pictured more faults than good bits.
As for price, it,s on auction, with a reserve, i gave decent money for it and was going to use it pretty much as is, spent money getting it running and the whole day yesterday making sure it is the genuine article.
As you can see from the pics, it is up on stands, so anyone can crawl under to check it over, the chassis number has been cleared of paint so it can be read easily, and to check around the area to make sure it,s not had a fake welded in.

Viewing is welcome, by arrangement, to check for yourself, Hornchurch Essex.
The Following User Says Thank You to cockneydave For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 09:53   #4
cockneydave

Though i can read PM,s i cannot reply, not enough posts.
things have been eerily quiet, both here and on ebay, since the first flurry when listed, very few questions, far less than the other 2 i have listed. Strange for such a rare car. Was expecting a few more comments here considering the amount of views, Is it not a friendly forum?

2 people have requested a viewing, if anybody here would like to view, Tuesday is looking good and as the car is at a third parties home, would be good to all be on the same day.

I now have Hpi report hard copy, and have checked everything i possibly can, chassis No, specific GT parts and differences from others, hpi etc. Nothing points to it being anything other than a GT.

47 pictures available through Whatsapp, and i can take more, if anybody would like the folder sent to them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cockneydave For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 14:07   #5
dahamsta

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143537732948
dahamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dahamsta For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 16:49   #6
omc 47
VOC Member

Hi Cockneydave,

firstly thankyou for allowing everyone the chance to look at your Amazon on Ebay and also for giving the forum details of your sale,I speak as a genuine Amazon enthusiast and although you may feel dismayed at the response most folk I have "touched base" with on here are good people with a genuine interest in the Marque....
I have looked in detail at your Ebay ad but fear for you selling on Ebay as it does seem to weed out some undesirables who just want to make a quick sale but promise the earth.
In time you will get a genuine buyer who will do the neccessary work to such an important example of Volvo's history.
Sadly not all enthusiasts can weld or spray so this does limit the buyers
Myself I own an unmolested 67 2 Door Amazon that Lanquished in a garage for 27 years so that one is not for sale but I would love to add to my stable such a car as your's but like many my funds are never there when these opportunities arise.
A 123 GT is a tempting thought with given time and fettling it would be a car to keep and be proud of.
Best Wishes for the sale and if I come up on the Postcode Lottery I'll be up there with my trailer.

Andy
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:05   #7
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

£7150 and didn't sell due to not reaching the reserve. That was a decent offer for a car needing a lot of work and a lot of money spending to get up to a decent standard.

What's the plan now?
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:39   #8
57paul

Once again greed taking over
57paul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 57paul For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 09:41   #9
omc 47
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khe Sanh View Post
£7150 and didn't sell due to not reaching the reserve. That was a decent offer for a car needing a lot of work and a lot of money spending to get up to a decent standard.

What's the plan now?
Absolutely my thoughts too, when l saw the final bid l automatically thought it was sold but seeing your comment somewhat surprised me.
So indeed what now? a lot of time was spent writing up the ad and to be honest I would have been happy with £7000 and be done with it.
We all know the marque is going up in value but this car needs going right through to be considered of great value.
My Amazon was garaged for many years and with me doing the work including paint l still spent £6000 on parts to get her back up to scratch.
I notice the seller has not been back since my sympathetic comments, sadly he will now realise that Amazon enthusiasts collect data from this forum and selling it may just have got a little harder.......and one thing still is a mystery......the Reg is GTK well TK is Dorset not Brighton so the past history still confuses me...............Happy Days.
omc 47 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omc 47 For This Useful Post: