Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Bluetooth tethering and wifi issues.

Views : 1697

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 00:51   #1
kmneo2000
kmneoXC40

Default Bluetooth tethering and wifi issues.

Hi,
I have a 2019 XC40 D3 inscription. I do not have Apple carplay/Android auto option. I was tethering internet from my phone via Bluetooth. However 2 months back I changed my phone from Samsung S7 edge to Samsung A70. Since then the car is unable to connect to the internet either via bluetooth or by Wifi. If I put a data sim in the car boot then it will connect.
But I have loads of data on my phone and would rather want to use this. I have been to the dealer twice and they have resent all the apps and sensus connect. I have also updated my phone, restarted it and re-paired it etc several times. The phone is able to tether internet to other devices absolutely fine.
When I connect via wifi, I get the full wifi signal on display and sometimes also see the Globe symbol indicating it is connected to the internet. But none of the apps like TuneIn or the weather app works.
Is there any settings on the phone or the car I can change to resolve this issue?
kmneo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2020, 20:59   #2
TotalSolutions

Hi Having some issues with our new XC40. Given new mini sim and dealer setup for us. Had the globe in the display. Weeks later went to try Spotify and no internet. Tried this morning and got no where. Waiting for a dealership call back.... Found a Dealer setup guide as mentioned on this site. Will find a link or attached file here. Another resource is
https://internetinthecar.vodafone.com and call the Vodafone Customer Support Number 0808 0044 853 8AM - 6PM
Attached Files
File Type: pdf p-sim---retailer-instructions (2).pdf (506.0 KB, 17 views)
TotalSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 18:38   #3
spongeym

New to the Volvo world and received my XC40 T5 R-Design Pro, very happy with it, but having the same problems with you guys. I connected my phone via Bluetooth and used my phone (iPhone) as the Bluetooth modem. I managed to get Spotify to work once, since then no joy.

I've tried forgetting the car on my phone, resetting the car back to factory defaults repairing so starting from scratch with nothing.

I work in IT and was going nuts at not being able to setup a simple feature!! Looks like I'm not the only one. Another issue I've just found is the car was supposed to have Apple Car Play, the dealer forgot to add it so having to go back at some point to have it fitted as I believe it's an extra USB port and software change. Never easy!!
spongeym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2020, 21:05   #4
Ilovelifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeym View Post
New to the Volvo world and received my XC40 T5 R-Design Pro, very happy with it, but having the same problems with you guys. I connected my phone via Bluetooth and used my phone (iPhone) as the Bluetooth modem. I managed to get Spotify to work once, since then no joy.

I've tried forgetting the car on my phone, resetting the car back to factory defaults repairing so starting from scratch with nothing.

I work in IT and was going nuts at not being able to setup a simple feature!! Looks like I'm not the only one. Another issue I've just found is the car was supposed to have Apple Car Play, the dealer forgot to add it so having to go back at some point to have it fitted as I believe it's an extra USB port and software change. Never easy!!
When they add CarPlay, they have to remove the drivers seat to run the extra cable. Make sure the heated seat works afterwards. Mine didn’t. It may have come from the factory like it but seems too much of a coincidence.
Ilovelifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2nd, 2020, 08:25   #5
spongeym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelifts View Post
When they add CarPlay, they have to remove the drivers seat to run the extra cable. Make sure the heated seat works afterwards. Mine didn’t. It may have come from the factory like it but seems too much of a coincidence.
Thanks for the tip, will test it whilst I'm there!
spongeym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, tethering., wifi