Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY21 is out now

Views : 16720

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2020, 22:47   #61
Whiterdesign
Master Member

I’m not being funny but who the hell is going to pay 17k more for an electric XC 40. Our government are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are going to persuade us to change to all electric by 2035. There’s going to be a hell of a lot of old petrol and diesels on the road, with a lot of new car garages going bust.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 22:56   #62
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
I’m not being funny but who the hell is going to pay 17k more for an electric XC 40. Our government are in cloud cuckoo land if they think they are going to persuade us to change to all electric by 2035. There’s going to be a hell of a lot of old petrol and diesels on the road, with a lot of new car garages going bust.
I know it’s only a small value, but the quoted prices excludes the current Government £3,500 credit.

The cynic in me says as All Electric cars will rarely see a dealer post sale with 24 month service intervals that “maybe” manufacturers are recovering those regular lost profit streams by adding them back into the purchase cost.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 23:02   #63
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatNext? View Post
https://www.carscoops.com/2020/02/th...o-s90-and-v90/

Updates across the 60 and 90 range in terms of new particle filter, wireless charging, B&W system and ? sequential indicators
Thats an american publication by the look of it , their lights are very different to ours .... I hope !
Old Feb 22nd, 2020, 00:23   #64
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Details of the updates now on the Volao media site
https://www.media.volvocars.com/uk/e...sreleases/list
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 04:21   #65
Jackysi

I wonder how could they make Bowers & Wilkins even better... It already sounds superb to me... Would be nice to compare =)
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 12:58   #66
WhatNext?

Probably just an updated amplifier with more power (?better components)
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 18:34   #67
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Pretty much no private buyers will. However companies and lease companies (who lease to other companies) will no doubt be happy to buy them. The company car tax system is now so beneficial for pure electric that for a company car user an electric car is almost tax free. By comparison a XC40 D4 with company provided fuel could cost a higher rate tax payer 600 quid a month in tax.

My theory is that the goverment is trying to get significant quantities of BEV vehicles into use and onto the second hand market by making them massively beneficial to company car drivers. If I was in the car scheme at the moment then I simply wouldn't choose anything other than electric.

My biggest disappointment with the XC40 P8 is that, whilst I expected it to be 50k, I thought that they would load it with spec (like they originally did with the XC90 T8). As it is the spec is a bit mean so as Lexman says, add intellisafe, winter, tow bar and comfort and you are nudging 60k. Still lease costs will depend on depreciation so I guess it depends how well they think it will hold it's value......
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:08   #68
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Pretty much no private buyers will. However companies and lease companies (who lease to other companies) will no doubt be happy to buy them. The company car tax system is now so beneficial for pure electric that for a company car user an electric car is almost tax free. By comparison a XC40 D4 with company provided fuel could cost a higher rate tax payer 600 quid a month in tax.

My theory is that the goverment is trying to get significant quantities of BEV vehicles into use and onto the second hand market by making them massively beneficial to company car drivers. If I was in the car scheme at the moment then I simply wouldn't choose anything other than electric.

My biggest disappointment with the XC40 P8 is that, whilst I expected it to be 50k, I thought that they would load it with spec (like they originally did with the XC90 T8). As it is the spec is a bit mean so as Lexman says, add intellisafe, winter, tow bar and comfort and you are nudging 60k. Still lease costs will depend on depreciation so I guess it depends how well they think it will hold it's value......
Company car tax is exactly why I have opted out this time. On my A6, including fuel benefit, I was paying over £1,000 per month on tax. This increased quite dramatically over the 4 years I have had this car.

We don't yet have electric cars on our fleet options as the infrastructure is not considered sufficient for company car users. It is felt that allowing time to charge on route would lead to less journeys being completed in a day and therefore more nights accommodation to be paid for. Most hotels do not yet have charging points in their car parks either.

What does anyone else think about the adequacy of the infrastructure for pure electric charging? Have Volvo made the full electric version capable of fast charging?
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlanders For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:37   #69
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
Company car tax is exactly why I have opted out this time. On my A6, including fuel benefit, I was paying over £1,000 per month on tax. This increased quite dramatically over the 4 years I have had this car.

We don't yet have electric cars on our fleet options as the infrastructure is not considered sufficient for company car users. It is felt that allowing time to charge on route would lead to less journeys being completed in a day and therefore more nights accommodation to be paid for. Most hotels do not yet have charging points in their car parks either.

What does anyone else think about the adequacy of the infrastructure for pure electric charging? Have Volvo made the full electric version capable of fast charging?
It will apparently fast charge at circa 150kw on a DC fast charger. So 40 mins to go from 10 to 80 percent charge.....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 19:42   #70
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
It will apparently fast charge at circa 150kw on a DC fast charger. So 40 mins to go from 10 to 80 percent charge.....
So if it has a half decent range, that would make it more manageable. Thanks.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote