Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: Volvo VIDA 2014d Windows 10 + DiCE

Views : 6391

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2019, 17:21   #1
Vindo

Default For Sale: Volvo VIDA 2014d Windows 10 + DiCE

I have a few VIDA 2014d 2in1 Linx 10 + tested brand new DiCE units left for sale. Running on Windows 10 Pro fully activated, includes keyboard dock, ready to be sent out either the same day or next day following cleared payment. Very versatile little unit, no limitations and runs VIDA natively. 2GB RAM, 32GB flash storage. Comes with free postage to mainland UK.

Vindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2019, 18:27   #2
Stephen2015
S60 D5244T4

Would it be helpful to show how much you are offering these?

Just a thought
Stephen2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2019, 11:10   #3
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen2015 View Post
Would it be helpful to show how much you are offering these?

Just a thought
Yeah sorry was in a hurry when I listed this. Below is a detailed description of what the tool does.

The kit I am selling is a plug & play kit, you get everything needed to be able to run diagnostics on your volvo. The cost of such diagnostic is £68+VAT in the dealership.

There are a multitude of things you can use this kit for. To name a few:
- service reminder indicator reset - this is useful if you do your own servicing
- vehicle diagnostic and fault tracing (DTC code) - this where the kit's true power lies. It allows you to read the detailed (volvo specific codes) from your car. Most code readers can read the codes but will give a generic code that won't be of much use. Vida also gives you a brief explanation of what the code means, where possible it will run more detailed test. It will tell you how many time the error occurred, operational parameters snapshot,etc
- clear DTC codes
- part information - this is again a very good and useful feature where you can browse parts broken down in category. Once the vehicle has been read by the tool it will only list parts specific to your car. Exploded views will aid identifying the part your need or are looking for. It also provides disassembly and assembly information, including torque settings, etc
- change car settings (model dependant)
- allows software upgrade (you need an active subscription to be able to use this feature - not included in the sale).

Above I have tried to list the main benefits of the tool. You will receive a quick guide on how to connect the unit to your car and start reading the codes. I'm addition I am including a detailed VIDA user guide in electronic format.

Now to tell you a bit about the tablet: it is a Linx 10 tablet running Windows 10 Pro fully activated and includes all the latest Windows updates. 32GB storage, 2GB RAM. Linx tablet are very well made an good quality. Although I have listed these as vida tablets there is nothing stopping you from using the tablet for other purposes. If you look only many solutions available for sale have limitations: they either use virtual machine running on Windows or lock the laptop down to VIDA only saying don't connect it to WiFi or update Windows etc. My kit does not have any of those limitations.

It comes with a detachable keyboard dock so you have the option to use it as a laptop or a tablet. In my opinion it's much better than a laptop. Has all the features of a laptop, giving you about 8+ hour of use time as it does not have moving parts. No charger, but includes all the cables. You can use a USB phone charger be it an apple or android phone charger or a generic one.

You can expand storage by microSD card up to 256GB.

Sorry, this turned out to be a bit long winded. I have sold a significant number of units and have asked for buyer's feedback, all available on volvoforums, I have this listed in multiple categories. Feel free to check feedbacks.

Price is £239 includes UPS postage to mainland UK, I also sold units that went to Sweden, Austria, Switzerland, so postage within EU is not a problem but will cost a bit more.

Old Jan 24th, 2020, 17:05   #4
Vindo

Selling Dell Venue 11 Pro tablets now + DiCE
- runs Windows 10 Pro
- 4GB memory
- 64GB storage
- 3G modem (needs a SIM card).

Old Feb 19th, 2020, 22:12   #5
mjs57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindo View Post
- runs Windows 10 Pro
- 4GB memory
- 64GB storage

Hey there, I’m new on the forum, and relatively new to Volvo ownership. Because my accounts new I can’t pm yet, so could you pm me and I can then reply back to you.

Thanks!
mjs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 15:21   #6
Vindo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjs57 View Post
Hey there, I’m new on the forum, and relatively new to Volvo ownership. Because my accounts new I can’t pm yet, so could you pm me and I can then reply back to you.

Thanks!
Hi, I just pm'd you
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 05:58   #7
grepin

Quote:
- runs Windows 10 Pro
- 4GB memory
- 64GB storage

Hi can you let me know the price of the Dice alone. I am in Australia and getting the whole kit might get a little expensive. I have a few laptops laying around and thought I may see how they go first. But the kit does seem like a good idea. Weighing up options.
grepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2020, 15:42   #8
Welton
Premier Member

Quote:
- runs Windows 10 Pro
- 4GB memory
- 64GB storage

Very good, what is the cost please?
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 22:54   #9
mjs57

I picked one of these up from Vindo in Feb, and I gotta say, best investment I made for the car!

I've been able to diagnose faults and force a DPF regen on my 16 yr old V50, which a SnapOn ODB tool couldn't do. The set up that Vindo sold me really helped me get the old car back in good condition again.

I can certainly vouch for Vindo's tablet/laptop/odb setup. It's really good.
mjs57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2020, 11:42   #10
prionailurus
Dan

Hi, does the tablet or the keyboard have the USB connection on for the DICE unit? Is it full USB or through an OTG adapter?

We don't use a bit of plastic where a bit of metal can go.
Everything I write on here is mere opinion unless stated otherwise, and I'm not ranting, honest
prionailurus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prionailurus For This Useful Post: