Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VIDA 2014D running on Windows 10 tablet

Views : 37570

Replies : 180

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2016, 16:00   #1
Vindo

Default VIDA 2014D running on Windows 10 tablet

I have a Windows 10 tablet for sale running Volvo VIDA2014D (latest version as far as I know). The software is pre-configured all you need to do is connect a DICE (not included in the sale) and you are ready to read the codes from your Volvo. This will save you the hassle of getting the software set up that's not a very straightforward process.

Contains troubleshooting steps for codes reported and also wiring diagrams.

Pictures of the device

Any question just email me at olcsopdabp@gmail.com

Price: £145 including postage to mainland UK.

Last edited by Vindo; May 5th, 2016 at 16:58. Reason: updated images (better resolution)
Vindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 16:40   #2
mantee78

Is it actually work with Dice? I mean did you tried to connect it to any Volvo and successfully read the car?
If yes how you managed to run Vida on Win10?
Thanks
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 17:01   #3
Vindo

It does. The pictures show data pulled from my XC90. I've uploaded the images again this time with better resolution.

It takes a bit of time to get it working but once it's up & running it will save you £££ not having to pay to get the codes read.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vindo For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2016, 17:39   #4
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantee78 View Post
Is it actually work with Dice? I mean did you tried to connect it to any Volvo and successfully read the car?
If yes how you managed to run Vida on Win10?
You can run Vida on a Mac, Windows 10, Windows 8, basically anything by setting up a virtual machine which is very simple and free.
So long as your system requirements are correct, installing Vida on anything is very simple and you get a free copy when you buy the Dice unit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2016, 17:53   #5
Vindo

That's true cheshired5, this one however runs natively on Windows 10. As it's a tablet it does not have enough resources to run win 10 and a virtual machine on top.

It just slides under the driver seat, powered off so it's available whenever you need it and it's not bulky like a laptop is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vindo For This Useful Post:
Old May 5th, 2016, 18:01   #6
mantee78

Thanks a lot guys for all info. I have it installed on old laptop running win 7 pro, but to have it installed on the tablet sounds like better idea for me
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2016, 18:41   #7
Vindo

mantee78 it's a no brainer, sell your laptop and buy this one :-)
Old May 9th, 2016, 10:08   #8
ak121078

Hello mate

Can you send me a link to where you bought the DICE that you are using with this tablet?

Im pretty interested in this and am just trying to get an idea of the price of the total solution.

Thanks

AK
ak121078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2016, 11:34   #9
Vindo

Hi AK,

I bought mine from a chap in Bracknell, but there are plenty of sale on ebay Prices start from £63 (beware of the very low prices) with free shipping.

I would suggest you chose a seller that ships from UK (reduced shipping time), has good feedback and accepts returns in case you have issues. I've noticed there are several Best Offer listings at the moment.

If you're interested I can show it working with my DiCE. I usually drive past Reading on Saturdays or you are welcome to pop down to Newbury any day of the week.

You are looking at a TCO of cca. £210. Reading on the forum here, prices for a one-off reading start at around £30 (dealer probably higher). I cannot comment on this as didn't need to bother since I have my own setup.

p.s. if anyone needs reading the codes from their Volvo in the Newbury area, happy to help, no cost.
Old Jun 18th, 2016, 23:39   #10
Vindo

Still for sale

Tags
diagnose, diagnostics, dice, tablet, vida