Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar.

Views : 3245

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2019, 21:22   #1
Spike56
Master Member

Default Polestar.

I've bitten the bullet and booked in for the Polestar upgrade, next week.
I know what it is and what it does (maybe). It takes an hour to do and I assume it's basically a computer upgrade. Do any of you good people know what actually happens. I'm thinking of the move from Windows to Windows 10, which didn't always work too well. Any problems ever crop up? And an hour? Seems quite long.
Any feedback would be great!
Spike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2019, 22:33   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike56 View Post
I've bitten the bullet and booked in for the Polestar upgrade, next week.
I know what it is and what it does (maybe). It takes an hour to do and I assume it's basically a computer upgrade. Do any of you good people know what actually happens. I'm thinking of the move from Windows to Windows 10, which didn't always work too well. Any problems ever crop up? And an hour? Seems quite long.
Any feedback would be great!
It takes up to 20 minutes thats all . are you paying labour on top of the price of the software ? They should not charge more than 20 minutes of labour for a software download .
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 13:25   #3
Spike56
Master Member

No. Straight installation at the 'discounted' promotional cost. Expect it to take about an hour, is what was explained. Do they need to road test to allow the adaptations to settle in? I'm not sure (going in blind).

Happening on Wednesday 26th...…..

Let you know!
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 13:47   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike56 View Post
No. Straight installation at the 'discounted' promotional cost. Expect it to take about an hour, is what was explained. Do they need to road test to allow the adaptations to settle in? I'm not sure (going in blind).

Happening on Wednesday 26th...…..

Let you know!
it might be a good idea for them to drive it afterwards to make sure it is ok for you to drive away in .
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 13:52   #5
Spike56
Master Member

Ooh! Sounds a bit cynical...

I know what you mean though. I've had experiences with car mechanics in the past!

Found this on Polestar :-

https://engineered.polestar.com/intl.../optimisation/

It does indeed say that it takes about 60 minutes (sounds shorter than an hour!)
Old Jun 17th, 2019, 14:26   #6
PIT

Hi Spike, I had my 2013 XC70 AWD D5 215 done, and it is fabulous. More usable power where you want it, Auto Box more responsive, doing 38.8 around town, and 43 on the motorway. For me it is spot on. I had it done five years ago, and it turned a nice car into a great car, so much so, that when a replacement car arrives, we are keeping this one too.
PIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PIT For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 13:02   #7
Resurginum103

Hi Spike; I had the Polestar upgrade installed on my 2014 V40, and also 12 months ago on my 2016 XC60 D4 AWD SE Lux Auto. The latter was a reduced price offer from my local Volvo Dealer whilst the car was still under Selekt warranty. I personally can't praise the benefits of Polestar enough, it somehow makes the car much more responsive and especially great for uphill overtakes on motorways, and also for prompt pulling-off at roundabout entry etc. The upgrade doesn't turn the car into a 'raging monster', but does make it overall much more fluid and authoritative to drive. The upgrade also reformats the gearchange points etc on the automatic gearbox, so this also has improved the 'feel' overall.
Resurginum103 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Resurginum103 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2019, 14:26   #8
Spike56
Master Member

I may be doing this the wrong way, Polestar next Wednesday and autobox oil change the week after!

Just twiddling my thumbs until next week.
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 10:34   #9
Mike Arnold
Master Member

Spike

How much are they charging you for the auto box oil change? I have heard silly numbers (not to mention a reluctance by dealers to do it).
Old Jun 21st, 2019, 12:35   #10
Spike56
Master Member

Sorry wrong question answered...

Quote was 'around' £300.00 all in.

I think the reluctance is that if there was a problem and the change doesn't fix it people might get a little miffed...…...

Last edited by Spike56; Jun 21st, 2019 at 12:38.