Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

If you're umming and arring - just get the winter pack!

Views : 2799

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 8th, 2022, 09:30   #1
Volvocano

Default If you're umming and arring - just get the winter pack!

I bought the "wrong" XC90 - I didn't want bling wheels or a "sporty" interior - but I bought during lockdown and the choice of cars was very, very slim. So my number one priority was the winter pack - so I ended up with an R-Design with winter pack. Then on icey mornings like this when I go outside and watch all my neighbours chiselling away at their iced up screens and I jump into a de-iced pre-conditioned car - all seems well with the world! Having had this feature on my previous two Range Rovers I knew I couldn't do without and I was right! Proper smug mode!
Volvocano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Volvocano For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 18:44   #2
PaulBendall

Every time I get into my pre-conditioned XC60 during particularly cold or warm spells I smile and the comfort the feature brings
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PaulBendall For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 19:03   #3
Edgecase

I’m not sure what you get with the winter pack. I just use the remote start on VOC app and it clears the windscreen.

I was debating HUD vs heated screen, but if I’d known about remote start it would have saved me debating.
Edgecase is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Edgecase For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 21:36   #4
Volvocano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgecase View Post
I’m not sure what you get with the winter pack. I just use the remote start on VOC app and it clears the windscreen.

I was debating HUD vs heated screen, but if I’d known about remote start it would have saved me debating.
Indeed, I've seen cars advertised as having HUD + winter pack - which would delete the heated screen - at that point what is the winter pack? A Software option to remotely pre-condition the car plus a heated steering wheel?
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 21:41   #5
Edgecase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvocano View Post
Indeed, I've seen cars advertised as having HUD + winter pack - which would delete the heated screen - at that point what is the winter pack? A Software option to remotely pre-condition the car plus a heated steering wheel?
Is it even that? Remote start is part of the Volvo On Call subscription. Assume that’s the same as precondition?
Edgecase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 22:34   #6
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Could be T8 with the aux heater(?)

Does a relatively similar job. Will need a few more minutes though.
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 22:53   #7
Volvocano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cull06 View Post
Could be T8 with the aux heater(?)

Does a relatively similar job. Will need a few more minutes though.
You might be right, when I drive off in the morning the heater is hot already so it might have an aux heater - and I saw a message once saying pre-conditioning cancelled as there was less than x litres of fuel left.
Old Dec 8th, 2022, 23:13   #8
vonRypp

Quote:
You might be right, when I drive off in the morning the heater is hot already so it might have an aux heater - and I saw a message once saying pre-conditioning cancelled as there was less than x litres of fuel left.
If the aux heater is on, an icon with waves can be seen on the top of the instrument cluster which will disappear when you start the car’s engine.
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 09:19   #9
Stu22

My wife does miss the winter pack on our current XC60 having had it previously on our old XC40, keep trying to educate her on the pre-heat function but she forgets unless I do it for her! To be fair it was one of the most useful options.

Unfortunately our car was purchased during Covid and supply issue times, so a few of the options we wanted were just not available without a stupidly long lead-time.
Old Dec 9th, 2022, 10:19   #10
DavidC R

Think it is only the T8 that does it but preheating includes heating front seats and steering wheel! That is a really good feature thus time of year and will be sadly missed as mines going

Winter pack is heated front screen and mirrors isn't it?
DavidC R is offline   Reply With Quote