Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My new S40 T4

Views : 4928

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:14   #1
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Default My new S40 T4

After waiting a week and being like a little kid before Christmas, yesterday I finally picked up new S40 T4. I had heard through the grapevine that Paul (Mr Magoo T5D5) was toying with the idea of selling, so I gave him a call and soon a deal was struck pending its MOT on Saturday, which it passed. Result. Paul has had the car for 10 years but converted it from his daily driver to a track car 4 years ago. He found it wasn't being used enough hence the sale.

Very nice to meet Paul who came to collect me from the station when I arrived in sunny Mansfield. I could still see he was in 2 minds whether he wanted to sell it so I was keen to be gone before he changed his mind lol. Paul had arranged for me to pop in to Tim Williams on the way home for Tim to give it the once over and sort a suspected boost issue. I pootled down the M1 to Coalville and Tim diagnosed the boost fault straight away, which was promptly sorted with a new TCV sourced from Ashok. After reading a lot of positive things about Tim on the forums, I can confirm he is a top bloke who knows his sh't! Thanks Ashok for sorting the part as well, not to mention all the support with my current V40 T4!

Anyway, to prove the boost issue was sorted Tim took me for a run along his local dual carriageway.......... boost issue definitely sorted, now to clean the brown stain from the passenger seat. The car is an animal and Tim is....shall we say, an enthusiastic driver?? (nutter) =)

To say I'm pleased with car is an understatement! It has a few little bits done to it and here is a quick spec:

Azure Blue S40 T4 Phase 1.5.

- Fully stripped interior (jury is out whether it stays like this)
- Turbo Technics T28 Hybrid Turbo.
- 3'' Turbo back system.
- 550cc Injectors.
- Water/Meth Injection.
- K-Sport 8 Pot calipers and 330mm discs Pagid blue pads (Phenomenal stopping power)
- Gaz Coilovers.
- Front and rear Strut brace.
- Some other braces underneath so I'm told.
- Rebuilt bottom end with H-Beam rods.
- Gauges = AFR, Boost, Fuel pressure, Oil Tem.
- Oil Cooler.
- Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 alloys.
- Mapped by MTE.
- Alloy boost pipework.

Paul recalls the last Rolling Road around 350bhp/500nm! The rev limit is about 7500rpm and it pulls hard until the limiter. Tim did say it will pull over 170mph. The boost comes in very progressively so there is no unnecessary wheel spinning even on damp roads, it just pulls and pulls. Bloody excellent.

Well enough of the essay, here are a few pics

Water tank for water injection

Stage 5 Saab 9-3 Aero V6 2.8T. 372bhp. 677nm.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Nov 24th, 2014 at 18:50.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:23   #2
Cornishv40
Master Member

What a beast!

ipse se nihil scire id unum sciat
Cornishv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cornishv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:37   #3
Alexjansen

I'm going to get one very soon also, can't wait ! Black alloy wheels will be something I'll also do for sure ^^
Alexjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:44   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

I think you really should get rid of that fuel tank ASAP , that will break loose and fly around inside the car spraying fuel everywhere in an accident or roll over . Why not use the standard tank and improve the handling with a lower C of G ?

Nice colour , Rebel blue 13 years before it became so popular ..
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:47   #5
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I think you really should get rid of that fuel tank ASAP , that will break loose and fly around inside the car spraying fuel everywhere in an accident or roll over . Why not use the standard tank and improve the handling with a lower C of G ?

Nice colour , Rebel blue 13 years before it became so popular ..
It's a water tank for the aquamist water injection.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Nov 24th, 2014 at 17:49.
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 17:58   #6
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
It's a water tank for the aquamist water injection.
it will be even heavier filled with water than if filled with fuel then , those straps are not enough to restrain it . If you ever see what goes on inside a car in a crash you would probably never drive again ..
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 18:07   #7
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
it will be even heavier filled with water than if filled with fuel then , those straps are not enough to restrain it . If you ever see what goes on inside a car in a crash you would probably never drive again ..
Full of the joys today aren't you lol......... although I do appreciate your concern.

My plan is to put an interior in it anyway for the road but some extra straps won't hurt if it makes it safer when on trackdays. It's not a big tank so clearly not used for fuel, it would only last 10 mins on full boost.

Old Nov 24th, 2014, 18:20   #8
Dog_Book
Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
Full of the joys today aren't you lol......... although I do appreciate your concern.

My plan is to put an interior in it anyway for the road but some extra straps won't hurt if it makes it safer when on trackdays. It's not a big tank so clearly not used for fuel, it would only last 10 mins on full boost.
Lol he's like pooship but on about car safety and not oil, except he knows what he;s talking about lol

Busy pestering the poor sods here now
Dog_Book is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dog_Book For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 18:54   #9
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_Book View Post
Lol he's like pooship but on about car safety and not oil, except he knows what he;s talking about lol
Pooship lol

Yes Clan definitely has a good point. I will be looking into extra bracing for the tank and battery in the boot as I'm not sure when I'll have rear seats in there.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Nov 24th, 2014 at 18:57. Reason: grammar
Old Nov 24th, 2014, 18:58   #10
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Nice s40 I'm comming up to Dover in December I'll keep an eye out for you my brother lives in barfreston outside Dover in the sticks. Ill proberly be staying in deal my usual haunt.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote