Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Passenger door lock

Views : 363

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2021, 13:07   #1
Rammer 46

Default Passenger door lock

Hi All

Volvo xc 70 2010

Can anyone advise please , I lock the doors using the fob, all doors locked
I then tried opening front passenger door and it opened without using the fob,
Why should it come open when all doors are locked , is there a fuse that controls the locking mechanism, very confusing

Regards
Rammer 46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 13:32   #2
V8XCV

I guess the motor is jamming up and not actually pushing the locking mechanism all the way into the locked position when you press the lock button.

If you fancy replacing the lock yourself, excellent video here, https://youtu.be/vIZmJFqoDKk

otherwise you will need to get a garage to replace the lock.

V70 T5 (1996)
V70 P2 D5 EUIII (2002)
XC90 V8 4.4 (2007)
V8XCV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V8XCV For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 13:51   #3
Rammer 46

Default door lock

Hi thank you very much will study the video and let you know

Regards

Rammer
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 14:06   #4
Rammer 46

Just found that both front and rear nearside doors will open after being locked,
would it be a relay that has gone ,, seems funny that both to be acting the same way
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 09:43   #5
apersson850
Premier Member

It could be one passed away a long time ago, and now the other one followed suit. You just didn't notice when the first one died.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apersson850 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 10:12   #6
Rammer 46

Default all doors

this is getting ridiculous now and getting me in a spin, I find that after locking the doors , all doors will open,
Tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it 15 minutes but still the same,
Not sure where or what to look at now, surely all 4 door lock mechanisms would not pack up the same day?? is there a fuse or relay that controls them, as I dont have a hand book not sure any ideas anyone please

Regards
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 12:26   #7
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammer 46 View Post
this is getting ridiculous now and getting me in a spin, I find that after locking the doors , all doors will open,
Tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it 15 minutes but still the same,
Not sure where or what to look at now, surely all 4 door lock mechanisms would not pack up the same day?? is there a fuse or relay that controls them, as I dont have a hand book not sure any ideas anyone please

Regards
I'd still hazard a guess at sticking lock motors. They suffer water ingress and become seized. Very common.

If the position of one does not show correct position the system will most likely revert to a failsafe of unlocked.

The locks are controlled by the CEM ( Central Electronic Module). It's up under your glovebox. No relays to change.

There should be a DTC stored. Perhaps a read of codes with Vida would point you in the direction.

I suppose the well documented leaking windscreen that allows water into this unit could cause you an issue but you'd most likely have other unexplained issues. Put your hand under the passenger side carpet and see if it is wet.

Chap I know had issues on a V70 with driver side lock causing issues. For note he acknowledged that he uses a commercial car wash station that blast his car with a steam cleaner which I surmise forced water into places it shouldn't be.

I think there have also been cases of wiring harness breaks at the door hinge.

I'd still have a look at the locks first though.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 12:47   #8
Rammer 46

Hi thank you for that I will have a look and see , this has occurred since I had the seatbelt recall last Thursday also they washed the car after this service so will check for water ingress

regards
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 15:04   #9
Rammer 46

Smile

I would just like to say thank you to all the input on this subject,
I have now sorted the problem,
Apparently I locked the car and took the fob key in to the house , then went back out and the car was still locked, I cannot say how this works but it must be the fob in the very near proximity that releases the locks when trying the door handle, not sure why this occurs cannot explain it
At least its sorted

Regards

Rammer