Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo V70 D5 - Cylinder 4 injector and ESP light ON

Views : 1028

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 20th, 2021, 16:52   #1
passenger
Master Member

Default Volvo V70 D5 - Cylinder 4 injector and ESP light ON

Hi guys and girls,

First of all, I'm sorry for grammatik and other typing mistakes.

I own V70 D5 185ps AWD, manual gearbox. It's 2008 and has 142 000 km (88t ml). I bought car 3-4 months ago from his first owner and all service made it in same Volvo official service (where he bought the car). Cause all of that I forgive car that has no automatic gearbox.

[/url]

After 12000km in 3-4 months, some problems came up. Some big I would say. I will try to explain:

occasionally in this 10-12k info light came up (not engine light) and it's says something like: need to visit service. I was ignoring that because it was Info light, not engine light.

Last week some hose pop put from bottle for fluid for washing widhshield and all fluid went down over some connectors and dont know what else is there. I put it back (dont know for what are those connectors, just saying, maybe can be related to this case):

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBC97E-nR6g

Today:

I was driving on highway around 120 kmh and suddenly cut off enfine power, ESP light was on and written like: ESP Maintenance Required:

Engine was lack of power and when I gave a lil bit acceleration, it was cutting and shaking. I thought first one of five injoctors must be failing, but why ESP light? Somehow I drove back home. I tried to floor it and he is shaking and cutting power few seconds and than he has all power. But all the time when I gave a lil bit throttle, engine was shaking and cutting power. I read codes with my diagnostic Foxwell 650 elite and was no error.

Okay, I parked leaved for 1 hour, drive again slow and engine light comes up. I parked, still engine running and read codes:

[/url]

After few secs again ESP lights, read again codes, noting about ESP.

I'm confused. Are those two errors somehow connected? Or is thas biggest coincidence that came in same time?

I was searching for possibles errors:

- elec cable for injector 4 (few cases was coroded, I will check that tomorrow)
- abs sensor
- MAF sensor
- intake flaps

Dont know guys. I wanted to try first here, it's cheaper than Volvo service

Thanks in advance.
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 18:34   #2
john493
Spannering since birth

The first thing I would do is remove the connector on injector 4 & refit using some contact lubricant - I use ACF50 which makes excellent contact lube.
(GS Addict)
john493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2021, 18:56   #3
passenger
Master Member

No no, Look at this what I found:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=306492

Can be also fuse or that liquid on those connectors which I dont know what are they for (on video).

I dont have that, I have brake cleaner, but I will now order contact spray. But also I need to lift car to deatached those connectors under reservoir for windshield fluid. Or to put the wheel down, that plastic cover also and to have aproach to those connectors.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 17:04   #4
passenger
Master Member

Hi guys.

I checked ABS system on my siagnoatic tool and this poped out

Is this abs module?
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 14:23   #5
Tatsfield
Premier Member

It does appear to be but you would probably get easier to understand information using the VIDA/DiCE tool which is Volvo's own diagnostic and can be bought cheaply in clone form on ebay etc.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 16:02   #6
passenger
Master Member

I made termin next week in Volvo, we will see.

If ABS module is, I will deattach it and send it for repair, around 400 euro in Germany.

If injektor is also problem, it's not so expencive: Bosch 260 euro new.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 17:47   #7
passenger
Master Member

The car just stop working while driving. Still on diagnostic just injector 4, like before.
Tomorrow towing to Volvo, thursday will be checked. I would say fuel pump in tank od fuel pressure sensor.

No nervs anymore for this car. Never ever one car let me down like this.
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 12:26   #8
passenger
Master Member

Volvo said 4 from 5 kabels which are leading to 5 injectors failed. Changing 4 of them is 500 euros. I understand that I could do it by myself for 100 euros, but then I need to pay probably 200 for diagnose, then to toe car to home another 150 and order parts and wait 7 days...

[/url]
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 19:06   #9
passenger
Master Member

Riding again

Old Apr 15th, 2021, 18:10   #10
passenger
Master Member

Hey guys. Quick question:

I'm about to repaint wheels. Can I remove airvalve and reuse it?