Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2011 S60 2.0D starting issues

Views : 1646

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 09:48   #11
NiPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
The fault you had stopped the particle filter from regenerating , whilst you continued to drive the car the particle filter got more and more full .
You can get away with it with that message if you go for a long drive at 60 mph .. It will regenerate and clear the particle filter out if everything else is working properly . If you don't do that it will come up with " Engine System Service Required and go into reduced power mode , the garage will have to force it to regenerate then .
Hi, thanks for the reply. Took the car for a long motorway drive last night and still getting both messages. Car is down on power, so I guess its back to the garage then. Any ideas how much a new dpf is to buy?
NiPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 10:41   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiPaul View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply. Took the car for a long motorway drive last night and still getting both messages. Car is down on power, so I guess its back to the garage then. Any ideas how much a new dpf is to buy?
around £500 i guess , The garage can try a forced regeneration on their premises , that is the last thing you can do to try and recover it .
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 10:49   #13
NiPaul

I will take it back to garage this week. At £500 I would happily pay just to get car right. Heard horror stories of £1000+ and having paid £700 already its starting to get pricey. Didn't expect these problems with only 85000miles. Our previous S60 had 145k without much work.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 11:03   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I will take it back to garage this week. At £500 I would happily pay just to get car right. Heard horror stories of £1000+ and having paid £700 already its starting to get pricey. Didn't expect these problems with only 85000miles. Our previous S60 had 145k without much work.
Do you have a fuel additive tank that needs topping up with Eyloys ? if so the particle filter needs changing every 75000 miles . If no tank then it should last the life of the car .
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 11:30   #15
NiPaul

Not sure, will have to investigate. My Pug 508 had and needed topped up. That wasn't cheap either!!
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 16:39   #16
NiPaul

Angry

Just got a quote for £686 for part alone
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 16:50   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Just got a quote for £686 for part alone
so you have determined what type it is ? whats the Volvo RRP ?
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 20:34   #18
NiPaul

Haven't determined for definite. Just gathering info on prices before my visit to local garage tomorrow. Cant find any info on whether it uses the fluid or not. Where do I look. No reference in manual for it. I expect Volvo prices to be alot dearer.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 20:59   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Haven't determined for definite. Just gathering info on prices before my visit to local garage tomorrow. Cant find any info on whether it uses the fluid or not. Where do I look. No reference in manual for it. I expect Volvo prices to be alot dearer.
Always get a price from volvo first often very competitive like batteries and coolant for a start . ford people buy their sensors there as they are cheaper .

Have a look in the middle of the rear axle underneath a black plastic tank ..
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 21:38   #20
Cozza
Cozza

I don’t think the S60 2.0D (which must be a Volvo engine) ever had an additive tank around that age. Pretty sure it was the 1.6D engines in other models that had tanks then
Cozza is offline   Reply With Quote