Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New owner,almost

Views : 426

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 27th, 2023, 16:05   #1
Jon66

Default New owner,almost

Hi all.
Not had a volvo before but collecting an xc60 d5 se lux next weekend,bought from a main dealer with the selekt warranty etc.
It has the winter pack and driver assistance pack,comes with detachable towbar and the polestar upgrade.electric silver with cream leather interior.lush !!
Its 2015 ,manual and has 93k on clock with fsh.
I enquired as to if they would do the cambelt etc as part of the deal but it was a no as its not due for another year or so .should i be worried as heard conflicting advice as to intervals to change the belt but guess volvo know what they are talking about.
Lovely out on the test drive,very impressed but not so keen on the parking brake.
Is this supposed to auto release when you set off ?
Seems a bit of a faff tbh.guess im going to have to experiment until i get used to it…..and all the other tech it has.
Big step up from a 14 year old mondeo.
Anything else for me to look out for in the first few weeks of finding my way round it ?
Wish me luck 🤔
Jon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27th, 2023, 18:17   #2
laing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon66 View Post
Hi all.
Not had a volvo before but collecting an xc60 d5 se lux next weekend,bought from a main dealer with the selekt warranty etc.
It has the winter pack and driver assistance pack,comes with detachable towbar and the polestar upgrade.electric silver with cream leather interior.lush !!
Its 2015 ,manual and has 93k on clock with fsh.
I enquired as to if they would do the cambelt etc as part of the deal but it was a no as its not due for another year or so .should i be worried as heard conflicting advice as to intervals to change the belt but guess volvo know what they are talking about.
Lovely out on the test drive,very impressed but not so keen on the parking brake.
Is this supposed to auto release when you set off ?
Seems a bit of a faff tbh.guess im going to have to experiment until i get used to it…..and all the other tech it has.
Big step up from a 14 year old mondeo.
Anything else for me to look out for in the first few weeks of finding my way round it ?
Wish me luck 🤔
Hi Jon66

I came from a 55 reg mondeo to a 16 reg XC60 3 years ago so know what you mean about getting used to parking break etc
From my understanding the cam belt needs doing at either 108000 miles or 10 years which ever comes first(i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong)
The parking break should auto release when you drive away it takes a bit getting used to (my wife still hasn't mastered pulling away yet and still has a bit of a jerk) as does a hill start as I was convinced that the car would roll back when I took my foot off the break lol
I love my car so hope you enjoy yours good luck with it.
Old Oct 27th, 2023, 19:28   #3
Lancee
Premier Member

Might be worth checking that selekt warranty covers the cambelt should it fail before the due replacement date/mileage ?
Lancee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 17:51   #4
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Your cambelt is due at the next service. Volvo work on 18k annual mileage projections so as there's only 15k left to the 108k interval now they will do it at the next service unless you de-select it. Your last service must have been done at under 90k miles.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2023, 19:52   #5
ideford

"The parking break should auto release when you drive away" - only if you have your seat belt on. Been caught out a few times driving out of my garage!
ideford is offline   Reply With Quote