Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The 21 day insurance myth

Views : 1488

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2021, 13:53   #1
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Default The 21 day insurance myth

The 21 day insurance myth

Hi,

There's a partial myth going round that the best time to buy your car insurance is 21 days before expiry.

I say partial because while it may be true with some of the comparison sites (who'll likely increase your quote if you buy close to expiry), there are some other quality providers that don't adopt these tactics or penalise you for leaving the purchase a little late.

With Chris Knott's offering to car clubs and enthusiast groups, it doesn't matter whether you buy 21 days before or at the last minute. Our quotes are valid for 30 days, so if you get a Chris Knott quote 21 days early we'll honour that price right up to your renewal date as long as nothing has changed.

Because we factor your best alternative quote into the process you can even call us the day before expiry and we'll use your lowest quote from the last 30 days as the benchmark to beat (subject to seeing proof).

So don't just accept a high quote because you've left it a bit late and think you're out of options - give Chris Knott/VOC Insurance a call.

You can request a quote callback at:
https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/carquote/?ref=4

or call us when you're ready to go through the quote:
VOC INSURANCE - 0800 023 4374

best,
Nick

Trustpilot Feedback received from happy customers...

"What a great company to deal with - 50% lower than every other quote so happy to give them my business will definitely recommend them in future." D McAllister, Trustpilot

"Excellent customer service and a great price, undercut my previous insurer by £70 and got better cover with lower excess, brilliant!!" Simon, Trustpilot

"Great service, despite numerous tweaks to my policy, there was no problem and very competitive price." dave21120, Trustpilot

"Excellent. This was my first contact with Chris Knott Insurance in 42 years of driving, I wish I had found them sooner, all my needs were catered for regarding my classic car insurance and at a reasonable price, the staff are friendly and knowledgeable, would highly recommend them." K Brooker, Trustpilot

"Excellent service, the person I dealt with was very helpful and polite. I was very pleased with my car insurance quote as this beat my current provider by a significant amount." C Lumb, Trustpilot

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 18:29   #2
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

what I did find once, some years ago, taking out next years insurance before first couple of days in January, was better before rates went up for another year.

And, in any case, car insurance depends on so many specifics its impossible to keep guidance or recommendations to anyone. Though, Chris Knott minimum rates for me are a lot more than I pay now, but I'm sure they're good for some.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Wildsmith For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 20:58   #3
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Do some insurers use similar internet tactics to some airlines?
You search online for your holiday/insurance and they drop cookies in your computer, you don't commit immediately but when you go back later in the week the cookies tell them you've been before and they up the price in the hope that you will pull the trigger before it goes up again.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveNP For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 21:28   #4
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

I expect that’s exactly how they do it but there is also a record their end of the quotes they’ve given.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisKnottIns For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 22:44   #5
Pete-V70 D5 2003

I did a comparison check with a phantom car and ID but close enough to get a good quote. last two years 21+days hence was a better quote once by £150 so its always worth checking early. Costs nothing but time. That said some of the quotes were just crazy and ranged from £200 to over £1000 (61 with 13yrs NCB and V50 Drive 2010)
Pete-V70 D5 2003 is offline   Reply With Quote