Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Towing and Caravan Topics

Notices

Towing and Caravan Topics A forum for all towing/caravanning related topics

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Towing help and information

Views : 36853

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2011, 19:45   #11
apostle

Default Towbars and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman2 View Post
the ryder towing link info is out of date i am a towbar fitter so if you have any probs talk to me .tf2218 dose all cars apart from jag s typ the x typ jag [s a mondeo in wolf clothing
Do you have a contact number please. I'm just up the road in Sheffield and need towbar for 940. Thank you for reading. G.
apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2012, 08:56   #12
ats60

Question electrics on s60 tow bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadman2 View Post
the ryder towing link info is out of date i am a towbar fitter so if you have any probs talk to me .tf2218 dose all cars apart from jag s typ the x typ jag [s a mondeo in wolf clothing
Hi deadman 2
just bought an s60 car and also purchased a westfalia detachable tow bar kit which I have fitted myself.
I also purchased the car specific wiring loom but cannot find all the sockets/plugs for making the connections, can you help me ?

Thanks
Tony
ats60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 10:42   #13
bournricha
bournricha

Default towing electrics 850 t5

Would like to put basic towing electrics on the above car.Have done this many times on other vehicles by piecing into the relevant lights.
Is this possible on these cars or could damage be caused?Certainly don't want to pay Volvo prices for a kit.Is there a diy method that has been proved to work?
bournricha
Old Feb 5th, 2015, 14:02   #14
Michael J walsh
Ex motor trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyvolvo View Post
Hi. I caravan with v70 now xc70. Fitted selfleveling to v70. Far better ride. Have to replace shocks coil springs antiroll bar. Volvo kit £600+. Brought mine from scrap dealer.
01873 853826
I have just bought a 2009 year model v70 and I want to make the rear suspension self level. A volvo main dealer has told me that you cannot by a kit at any price. Any ideas.
Michael
Michael J walsh is offline   Reply With Quote