Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The National Rally & BKV - does it really exist ?

Views : 26696

Replies : 269

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2012, 12:42   #21
Rob.D
Captain Mainbearing

Red face Where Is It?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
Nuisance again - will my idea of non members being able to join at the BKV be happening?

Get em while the're fresh!

Mollusk
Hi Mac,
For those of us that are new to the game, just one thing, - where is Thoresby Park?
I don't see any directions on the forums, and as I'm trying to join and don't have any Driver mags yet, it would be really helpful to know, - Thanks.
Fantastic Work Mate! - keep it up.
Regards,
Rob.D
Rob.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 12:51   #22
volvomania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.D View Post
- where is Thoresby Park?
I don't see any directions on the forums, and as I'm trying to join and don't have any Driver mags yet, it would be really helpful to know, - Thanks.
Regards,
Rob.D
It is actually near Ollerton, Notts (Thoresby Park, Edwinstowe, NG22 9WH), just north of Nottingham.
volvomania is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvomania For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2012, 13:14   #23
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Can someone start a thread asking people if they are attending, It would also be a good idea if those attending stated if they were Members or not.I think u will be surprised at how many people HAVE TRIED to join over the last few months but couldn't

Last edited by mrmeringo; May 8th, 2012 at 13:51.
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrmeringo For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2012, 21:13   #24
sunnyvic
VOC Member

Smile bkv

I to my knowledge believe one could join the owners club right upto and on the day of the BKV,, normal time for members is january to april but anyone can join throughout the year so dont be shy guys roll up roll up and join the merry Volvo owners club ,take no notice of some on here trying to cause problems and yes if the cap fits wear it,new members come along to our National Best Kept Volvo competition at Thoresby Hall nr Newark Nottinghamshire
One can arrive from friday 15tnfor caravan /tent parking for the wkend Venue a lot will be going on on the Saturday with the main event starting on the Sunday ,,come and look and if you dont like well lets call it a day..
regards sunnyvic VOC Disabled register so 15/16/17BKV VOC
sunnyvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2012, 22:27   #25
TheJoyOfSix
N.F.I

Just to clarify:

Joining the VOC is possible on the day.

Membership now runs for a year from the join date, so if you don't join until 15th Oct you membership will be from 15/10/12 until 14/10/13.

The VOC National Rally is being held on both the 16th and 17th of June at Thoresby Park, Nr Ollerton, NG22 9WH. The entrance is off Netherfield Lane (follow the brown 'tourist' signs for Thoresby Hall and use the drive marked 'Events', also to be supplemented by luminous 'VOC' signs fixed to lamposts, gates, bushes, blades of glass etc)

The BKV (Best Kept Volvo) Competition will be held on the Sunday only and is open to VOC Members only

All Volvos will park in the same arena area, but will be divided into two sections - VOC Members wishing to have their car judged in the BKV competition, and Non members and those VOC members who don't want their car judged.

Caravanning and Camping is available from Fri 15th afternoon.

There is a Hog Roast (fee payable £10 to Dave Ovendon 01837 83853) and live band (Revival) on the Saturday night.

The stands, trade stalls, catering, displays etc are there for both days.
Old May 8th, 2012, 22:50   #26
Chris Wickers
Director

I do fully understand the frustrations regarding the 'membership situation' and as per previous posts it was regrettably something which was totally out of our control.

Meticulous preparations had gone in regarding the hand over, artwork, and procedures to ensure that there was only a short gap between finishing with Lavenham, and the new business taking over. The company we were planning to use were well established, and there was absoulutely no reason to assume it would not go ahead.

However a short time before we were due to go live everything collapsed and we were back to the drawing board. All the work over the previous months had to be started again. Nigel and John grabbed 'the bull by the horns' and with in a matter of days we were back on track with a new company.

Again as per earlier emails I have never made any secret of my desire to expand the Club, and not being able to take memberships payments and sign up new members breaks my heart and is certainly not soemthing I or any of my colleagues wanted.

Without certain officals dropping everything and getting on the case immediately we would actually be in a far worse position, and as above all credit to Nigel and John and everyone else involved!

Chris
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris Wickers For This Useful Post:
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:18   #27
mrmeringo
Tommy Meringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.D View Post
Hi Mac,
For those of us that are new to the game, just one thing, - where is Thoresby Park?
Regards,
Rob.D
Hi Rob,
Here are the details for joining at last
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/membership.shtml
mrmeringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:39   #28
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollusk View Post
DriftMoto 300's
'sniff'
I wish I could go
'sniff'
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 11:40   #29
222s
Amazoniste

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJoyOfSix View Post
All Volvos will park in the same arena area, but will be divided into two sections - VOC Members wishing to have their car judged in the BKV competition, and Non members and those VOC members who don't want their car judged.
Quick query - will cars not being judged still be organised by model and also parked next to the judged cars (as per last years Southern BKV) or will non judged cars essentially be all lumped together in a general Volvo car park? I can't comment on other models, but for Amazons, previously we've usually all parked together, so judged cars & very tatty examples (along with everything in between) have all been alongside each other.

Paul - 1967 Amazon 222S B20 o/d Estate & 1961 A-H Sprite Mk2 948cc

WANTED - For '67 Amazon estate - offside rear quarter, preferably new old stock.
222s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2012, 13:58   #30
nigel335
Director/ Register Keeper

Default will cars be parked together

It is intended that cars will be in their models. I.E. non member will park his Amazon in same area as members Amazon. If a member wishes the car to be judged they complete the judging form and display in windscreen.
If you do not wish to be judged then you do not need to show judging form.

Nigel Ayling

Last edited by nigel335; May 9th, 2012 at 14:00.
nigel335 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nigel335 For This Useful Post: