Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 rear screen washer .

Views : 888

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2022, 17:44   #1
bobby2000
VOC Member

Default XC60 rear screen washer .

I'll apologise in advance but I can't find previous thread on this subject.
My MOT is due the end of this month and have just tested my washers only to find the rear one is presumably blocked. I have removed the jet and still no sign of any water. The pump sounds to be working and there is plenty of fluid.
I'll be grateful for any advice regarding this problem.
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 08:02   #2
RussJ759

I think you'll have to remove the trim panel on the door in order to access the tubes etc. If I remember correctly there is a one way valve which may have failed.
RussJ759 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RussJ759 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 08:08   #3
RussJ759

This thread might help....

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...ar+camera+wash

Russ
RussJ759 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RussJ759 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2022, 19:43   #4
mike95

I had exactly the same issue with mine a few months back. I removed the small interior panel level with the nozzle. Then removed around a half metre of the tubing and nozzle. I found that most of the tubing and non return valve was blocked solid with a white crystalline material. Pushed it all out and flushed with clean water then put it all back together. No issues since. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 15:41   #5
walesxc60
John Penny

Default Rear washer problem

Mine has been In for a service and found the same problem. Volvo quoted £85 to fix! I had a go myself, it was fairly easy. Took about 20 mins.
I found a little valve in the pipe, just behind the nozzle. It had clogged with some white stuff, just cleaned with hot water, works fine. There is a tricky little clip to gat off in the pipe, just flies off if your not careful.
walesxc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2024, 21:09   #6
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesxc60 View Post
Mine has been In for a service and found the same problem. Volvo quoted £85 to fix! I had a go myself, it was fairly easy. Took about 20 mins.
I found a little valve in the pipe, just behind the nozzle. It had clogged with some white stuff, just cleaned with hot water, works fine. There is a tricky little clip to gat off in the pipe, just flies off if your not careful.
My dealer did it at my last service, only £70 - a bargain!
Old Jan 14th, 2024, 09:15   #7
Wizzpop
Master Member

I had the same problem. Lifted the flap at the base of the wiper, removed the tube to the washer jet. The squirted WD40 in the tube in the shaft. Left it for a bit, then squirted more WD40. I had to take care to avoid the WD40 just squirting back over me. Left it a bit longer then operated the washer. A jet of white stuff erupted from the tube followed by clear water. There was no need to remove any panels to access the tubes and valves. Perhaps I was just lucky, but it's worth a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizzpop For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 16th, 2024, 20:06   #8
Steve XC60
Structural member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walesxc60 View Post
I found a little valve in the pipe, just behind the nozzle. It had clogged with some white stuff, just cleaned with hot water, works fine. There is a tricky little clip to gat off in the pipe, just flies off if you’re not careful.
+1 for the above

I did this today after finding mine was blocked with the white stuff.

The little clip flew off for me and ended up in the trim. Took me half the time doing the job to find it again. you can see the clip in the middle of the attached photo where it is still all connected.

Careful with the valve that is in one of the plastic connectors. It’s in the middle of the part that is shown disconnected in the attached photo. The valve is a very small little metal ball on a spring so be really delicate trying to clear the white stuff.

It’s an easy job if you take care.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9108.jpg (82.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9107.jpg (55.5 KB, 26 views)