Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 199646

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2012, 18:56   #131
mechakev
Master Member

I'm with CK, good price, nice people on the phone, very helpful.

Now a question, I would like to get my S60 D5 remapped next year (to about 190bhp and 300 torques)...will this cost me loads on insurance?
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 10:02   #132
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechakev View Post
I'm with CK, good price, nice people on the phone, very helpful.

Now a question, I would like to get my S60 D5 remapped next year (to about 190bhp and 300 torques)...will this cost me loads on insurance?
The good news is that we've negotiated a relaxation in the insurers' bhp criteria because the account is running well.

They've agreed to allow us to offer competitive quotes where you have upto a 100bhp increase (formerly 50bhp).

Give us a call and we'll see what we can do.

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:37   #133
mechakev
Master Member

Well I rang...insurance increase of 20% and £150 quid excess increase. What the... I'm not about to pay nearly a grand to insure my car! Ridiculous, I'm nearing 30 with a clean driving record and no convictions what so ever. I bet it would cost less to insure a t5!

My insurance is quite expensive as it is...I don't understand why it would cost so much more. (the current cost is 780 ish with 15000 miles and business use).

Last edited by mechakev; Oct 12th, 2012 at 12:14.
mechakev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 17:26   #134
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Just a quick note to let you know that if your insurance is due before the end of June 2013 you could benefit from the Chris Knott SALE. And there's the chance to WIN an iPad Mini 16Gb WiFi just for getting a quote - http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=173319

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 18:50   #135
940_Turbo

And don't forget to read the feedback

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=167449

Before heaping misfortune on yourself by actually ringing this bunch of timewasters
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 15:56   #136
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Let's allow those members who are blessed with independent thought to make up their own minds about whether the VOC Insurance scheme might be worth trying in the mix at renewal.

Old Mar 7th, 2013, 01:11   #137
940_Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKnottIns View Post
Let's allow those members who are blessed with independent thought to make up their own minds about whether the VOC Insurance scheme might be worth trying in the mix at renewal.
Absolutely, and those that don't have lots of time to waste before discovering ageist policies, obfuscated minimum quotes, interminable waits on the telephone and general unhelpfulness can spend a few minutes reading the feedback provided by a large number of members of this site before deciding whether or not to pick up the phone.
940_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 01:49   #138
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
Absolutely, and those that don't have lots of time to waste before discovering ageist policies, obfuscated minimum quotes, interminable waits on the telephone and general unhelpfulness can spend a few minutes reading the feedback provided by a large number of members of this site before deciding whether or not to pick up the phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
You want some feedback?

I would love to comment on your quote but can't. I rang and gave my details, told them where I heard about your company and was told it was extremely busy and you would phone me back.

Over a week has passed and I'm still waiting for that phone call. I'm not falling over myself to call you back given your blasé attitude to new business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
Well last year I knocked Chris Knott for their utter lack of service so time to report this years events.

I must say I am pleasantly surprised, Chris Knott seem to have got their act together. I got a friendly chap on the end of the phone who gave me a good quote and returned phone calls when he promised to. Net result Chris Knott have secured my business this year and I must compliment Gordon who dealt with my quote.
Well I knocked them previously but they came up trumps for me last year. I speak as I find and had no problems at all with them last year. Renewal due soon so I will update with my experiences again when I can.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 12:16   #139
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechakev View Post
Well I rang...insurance increase of 20% and £150 quid excess increase. What the... I'm not about to pay nearly a grand to insure my car! Ridiculous, I'm nearing 30 with a clean driving record and no convictions what so ever. I bet it would cost less to insure a t5!

My insurance is quite expensive as it is...I don't understand why it would cost so much more. (the current cost is 780 ish with 15000 miles and business use).
LV are quite good with remapped cars...well they were with mine..
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 14:36   #140
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

Check out our Loyalty Reward offer for members here - http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...04#post1401504

It's for existing customers so there's a good number of you who can definitely benefit straight off.