Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Active Bending Headlight Failure

Views : 7627

Replies : 46

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2018, 20:47   #41
xco
Premier Member

Well done you lets hope it does some good.
Wherever you go............There you are!!!
xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20th, 2018, 17:05   #42
S60RDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandoot View Post
Emailed Volvo customer services telling them I am far from happy and could they help resolve this and they replied that this is a Volvo Warranty matter and they couldn’t comment or do anything. So now left waiting for an engineer to visit from the warranty company to inspect and confirm whether the failure will be covered. He goes this coming Tuesday.
Can anybody provide positive feedback about Volvo Customer Services? They don't seem to do anything other than refer you back to a dealer, even when a dealer can't answer a question or fix the problem.
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2018, 00:33   #43
iandoot

Nothing positive from me I’m afraid. Still no response from them following my letter.
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 09:20   #44
iandoot

Update... Got a phone call from my dealers on Friday morning to tell me that they had received a call from a senior manager at Volvo Warranty instructing them to order the replacement headlight unit. I haven’t received any official confirmation from either Volvo or their warranty providers but looks like they have accepted my claim.
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 09:56   #45
Turnwood

Brilliant news. Once the headlight unit has been fitted and you are confident there is no chance of a bill coming your way, I would send Volvo UK and the warranty co. an email stating that you now assume any future failure involving a headlight unit will also be covered and that you will be circulating information about their acceptance of liability on these forums and wider social media.

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 11:11   #46
iandoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnwood View Post
Brilliant news. Once the headlight unit has been fitted and you are confident there is no chance of a bill coming your way, I would send Volvo UK and the warranty co. an email stating that you now assume any future failure involving a headlight unit will also be covered and that you will be circulating information about their acceptance of liability on these forums and wider social media.
I certainly will. It will also be interesting to see whether there may make changes to the policy wording.

I hope I will get a formal response from them for my initial letters but knowing Volvo as I do now, I very much doubt it.
Old Feb 15th, 2019, 17:57   #47
Stevepvolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iandoot View Post
I certainly will. It will also be interesting to see whether there may make changes to the policy wording.

I hope I will get a formal response from them for my initial letters but knowing Volvo as I do now, I very much doubt it.
I have just purchased a years extended Volvo warranty for my just 3 year old XC60 (end of the month!) on the basis of your success as I also have the bi-xenon headlights with Active Shadow Tech and originally was going to get the warranty until your issue. Great that you kept us all informed and succeeded as that makes me more reassured that my investment is worth while.
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote