Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Are XC60 owners happy?

Views : 135451

Replies : 495

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Are you happy with your XC60?
Overall happy, no significant issues 441 64.66%
Overall happy, but minor issues 188 27.57%
Unhappy, significant issues 35 5.13%
Very unhappy, never again 18 2.64%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 12th, 2010, 09:21   #11
Vecais

It would be handy if the owners who have issues, big or small, would post a reply so that we can get a feel of what grates.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vecais For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 11:48   #12
andy.cass
Kendo

Overall happy with the '60. Done 7000 miles now and only issue is wind noise. Looked at by dealer for second time while in for the Garmin instal. Wind noise better, but trim scratched by dealer during Garmin job. Back again to have a console trim lifted out of a forecourt car. Great car, dealer needs to try harder.

11.5My XC60 D5 SE Lux Premium, Geartronic, Savile Grey, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Prem Audio with Sub, tow bar.
10MY 2009 XC60 D5 SE Lux Auto
2008 Mini Cooper
andy.cass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy.cass For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 13:58   #13
Another

8000 miles on my XC60 2.4D Drive SE - still pleased.

Niggles include:-

knocking when going over speed bumps from front suspension
internal alarm sensor faulty
paint blemish on tailgate getting re-sprayed this week
noise from wing-mirrors / A pillar still there

Positives:-
very comfortable
family pack - child seats very good
big enough for family / dog
42 mpg minimum / 49 mpg max
city safety system - works well in snow and ice - saved me skidding into bollard !

Would change
electronic handbrake location
annoying compass in mirror
Another is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Another For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 14:59   #14
tangey

Very happy with my D5(205) SE Lux. It does however seem (must be wong) less pokey than the 2.4drivE I had for a test drive prior to purchase.

Things I would change (some already mentioned)

1) fog lights and fuel/tailgate switches are totally hit and miss.
2) front park sensors sometime goes off when cars/lorrys drive by, but I think thats common to the technology.
3) the hinge flap on the boot floor (for groceries) knocks about a bit when travelling, unless something is on top of it.
4) Might have gone for the auto instead of the manual.
tangey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tangey For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 18:09   #15
Foringo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangey View Post
Very happy with my D5(205) SE Lux. It does however seem (must be wong) less pokey than the 2.4drivE I had for a test drive prior to purchase.

Things I would change (some already mentioned)

1) fog lights and fuel/tailgate switches are totally hit and miss.
2) front park sensors sometime goes off when cars/lorrys drive by, but I think thats common to the technology.
3) the hinge flap on the boot floor (for groceries) knocks about a bit when travelling, unless something is on top of it.
4) Might have gone for the auto instead of the manual.
Agree with #1 & #2 ...my front parking sensors also get spuriously affected by the odd passing vehicle or kerbside obstructions...my previous cars didn't seem to be so sensitive but it may be because these outer sensors are angled out more? Normally works OK though. PS Just returned after having 3000 mile quality check...and have had to book it in to have an oil weep fixed on the transfer box.
Foringo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Foringo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 19:00   #16
Pebble

Wink Very Happy

Have done just over 10k miles now and am very pleased. Have the same niggles as mentioned already, light switches, electronic parking brake - badly placed, wrong size - but getting used to them.

Enjoy driving it, very comfortable and competent. Coped well with most of the snow, despite only being 2WD Drive version - I did feel silly at the time explaining to folks that it wasn't actually 4WD. Yes looking back might have gone for the Geartronic (nowhere to put your left foot next to the clutch peddle.) But it wouldn't be right if there weren't a few things that could be improved.
Old Apr 12th, 2010, 21:34   #17
bluesnappa

Hell yes...I was on the beach today, sand, shingle, boulders...just as sure footed as the XC90 it replaced. Had fun in the sun so I am a happy owner. The acceleration is good but the one niggle is that when you back off the accelerator and then go back on, there is a slight delay before the power boots in. It is there from the first touch but seems gentle power rather than snap in power. It happens but a fraction after the pedal is pushed down. I suppose that I need to back off less and keep it all spinning, maybe it is a car that likes revs to get the best out of it. I have not noticed this in the gentle driving I have done till yesterday when I was pushing it through the curves...not madly but just driving in a 'sporty' manner and I just felt there was a bit of a delay then 'bang' and in it came. Any one else noticed this? The rest of the car is fine though.
bluesnappa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluesnappa For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 01:15   #18
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another View Post

annoying compass in mirror
You can get rid of it by pushing a reset button in the bottom of the mirror. Use a pencil or unbent paper clip. I did mine on day one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vecais For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 01:28   #19
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnappa View Post
Hell yes...I was on the beach today, sand, shingle, boulders...just as sure footed as the XC90 it replaced. Had fun in the sun so I am a happy owner. The acceleration is good but the one niggle is that when you back off the accelerator and then go back on, there is a slight delay before the power boots in. It is there from the first touch but seems gentle power rather than snap in power. It happens but a fraction after the pedal is pushed down. I suppose that I need to back off less and keep it all spinning, maybe it is a car that likes revs to get the best out of it. I have not noticed this in the gentle driving I have done till yesterday when I was pushing it through the curves...not madly but just driving in a 'sporty' manner and I just felt there was a bit of a delay then 'bang' and in it came. Any one else noticed this? The rest of the car is fine though.
I noticed this when I was on the initial test drive with a MY09 model. The sales person pointed out that it was due to turbo lag and that there would be less of a problem with the MY10 model because of the twin turbo.

Sure enough I have almost zero lag with mine.

There was no MY10 model to test drive at the time and I considered the possibility that the saleswoman may be wrong. The issue was not enough to put me off buying. As you say, it is not that apparent during normal driving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vecais For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 12:11   #20
bluesnappa

Mine is a My10 twin turbo! Almost zero lag but not quite. Still great fun though and does all I need.
bluesnappa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluesnappa For This Useful Post: