Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

▲▲▲ SRS-CFFF Control Module Your reinstall experience?

Views : 342

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 20th, 2021, 20:46   #1
anacortesian

Default ▲▲▲ SRS-CFFF Control Module Your reinstall experience?

I am new to this Volvo and had no idea that a simple low battery condition (leading to a dead battery one morning) then simply replacing the battery with a new one (I believe the alternator is okay) could then cause what I now know as the "dreaded module SRS-CFFF issue". It was not easy removing that module, sending it to Crash-Data UK to get the hard code cleared (with no warranty by the way) and waiting 7 weeks to get it back (due to Corona Virus and UK Customs). So I'm now finally ready to reinstall and just wanted to check one last time with anyone who has experienced this issue...and YOUR reinstall experience. I think I know the basics: Connect the positive cable first, then negative cable, wait for awhile before tuning the key (the cars elect. system has to store info to the modules) and then frigging hope for the best... I like the car, but I am so nervous about the touchy power conditions in this car... that if the code were to come up again at some point, without a specific action or inaction on my part, I would have to come to the reality of paying $1200 to Volvo for a lifetime warranty module. That or consider a $1200 payment toward some sound personal psychiatry services. Anyway...if there's something I should know about here that you can think of on this re-install, I hope you'll take a minute to let me (and other's) know what you experienced re-installing your module. And hopefully that it was successful re-install.
Thanks.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________ ________

Last edited by anacortesian; Mar 20th, 2021 at 21:02.
anacortesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2021, 11:30   #2
Meteor

Can't reply to your PM (I've not made nough posts apparently) but here's my reply:

Yep, positive first, then negative. Make sure both cables don't touch anything else while you're fitting the battery, and put the negative on with a quick firm push -- ignore the sparking.

The alarm will sound immediately and it's very loud -- ignore it and secure the clamps. Use the remote to lock and unlock the car to stop the alarm, then you're set.
Meteor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meteor For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 21st, 2021, 15:34   #3
anacortesian

Got ya Meteor, I don't have an alarm on this car, other than the horn going off if you have it locked. I seem to remember a distinct load buzzing when you connect the battery...not sure what that is, but someone said not to worry about it (some kind of reset).
Did you send your module to CrashData for repair? And has it been "normal" since then?
Gary
anacortesian is offline   Reply With Quote