Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

LPG mpg, post your stats

Views : 2772

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 5th, 2009, 12:56   #21
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Tried an experiment this week.

Normaly my driveing style is "spirited" and I am not concerend about mpg, but I thought just out of intrest how much better would my mpg be if I drove as econiomical as I could.

Before I started I was getting 19.7 showing on petrol trip meter, and was getting 16.5 mpg on LPG

So did a tank of LPG "granny style" and got 21.9 showing on Petrol trip and 17.5 on LPG. (brim to brim test)

So I conclude drive it like you stole it, becuase 1mpg saving just isnt worth it.
On that basis petrol costs 22.5p per mile, and LPG 11p per mile. Apart from being a ringing endorsement for LPG, if you do 25,000 miles a year (as I do) then the odd 1mpg will cost you between £150 and £300 per year. Saving 1mpg is about like getting free road tax........

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2009, 14:20   #22
davew

I hear what your saying.

But I really I couldnt drive like that for a year just to save a couple of hundred quid, it would drive me bonkers, and the plus side is having LPG we dont need to worry too much about fuel consumption. Just FYI for the test I did. My aircon was on all the time. (another bonus with not worrying about MPG is aircon is on and stays on all the time)

Just my opinion, but if you have a big engine you may as well use it, or buy a smaller car.

Some people may say, bigger engine = smoother, quieter, less strain etc, I say floor the bugger

Caveat:

I am a true beleiver there is a time and a place for speed. Never in a 30, never in roadworks, (especially motorway). Never if the road conditions do not allow you to stop in good time whatever the incident.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:46   #23
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

240 with single-point mixer:
Average driving, main road commute = 27 mpg
Motorway trip 200 miles = 30 mpg
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote