Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T4 Prices WTF!!

Views : 742

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2018, 19:35   #1
M88JCP

Default T4 Prices WTF!!

Hi all

I'm often on Ebay, normally buying far too much stuff that I don't really want, but over the past couple of days two S40 T4's have been listed with buy it now prices of over £5000 . Have I missed something!!!! Have they added to many 0's to the price.................
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 20:49   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M88JCP View Post
Hi all

I'm often on Ebay, normally buying far too much stuff that I don't really want, but over the past couple of days two S40 T4's have been listed with buy it now prices of over £5000 . Have I missed something!!!! Have they added to many 0's to the price.................
The T4 must be rare now and a real eye opener when you drive one , nobody would dream what's under the bonnet seeing it parked by the side of the road !
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 21:40   #3
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Bugger me that makes the £650 outlay on mine seem even more of a bargain then haha
Old Jun 6th, 2018, 22:37   #4
Dippydog
Premier Member

In all honesty I don't know what they're worth,but do know the "fast" ones[of anything]generally attract a premium.Don't forget though that some sellers will put a "try it on"price on stuff it doesn't mean they'll actually achieve it.Not so very long ago there was a Lotus Carlton on there at a buy it now of £99,000 odd Which even for one of those was a totally stupid and unrealistic price.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 04:52   #5
stu turbo

Default T4

Good morning Guys

Been reading you posts on T4

there was a yellow t4 for sale on eBay few days ago looked nice

I have to agree not so many about now ,also so not much on the market for tuning parts there days

cheers
stu turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 10:08   #6
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

For years the T4 has been worth a lot less because of the fuel consumption, insurance costs, tax costs and the fact its a turbo petrol.

Eventually they might go up in price but I doubt it too much.

850 T5's are still reasonable and its only the T5R/850R that commands a premium due to their rarity and BTCC heritage but the normal T5, not so much.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2018, 16:28   #7
M88JCP

Few, it’s not just me that thinks the sellers are chancers then... started to get worried something extraordinary had happened in the x40 world and i’d missed the memo 🙂
Old Jun 19th, 2018, 14:45   #8
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Hey, if it's low mileage and immaculate with full service history and you're not in a hurry to sell, then I don't think £5k is too unreasonable to ask.

I wouldn't pay it, but that's because I'm not on the lookout for one.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote