Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Should I sell my XC90 Inscription?

Views : 1844

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: What price a used 2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription D5 will get?
Between 40 to 43k (won't sell) 8 57.14%
Between 44 to 46k (may sell) 3 21.43%
Between 46 to 48k (will sell) 3 21.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 28th, 2018, 22:36   #1
Twilight2017XC90

Thumbs up Should I sell my XC90 Inscription?

Should I sell my 2017 Black XC90 Inscription D5? Please read below and vote above.

I bought it in April 2017 and hasn’t been used much due to my job requires frequently flying abroad. The car has done 6800 miles. 1st serviced in April 2018 on schedule and is in great condition. Nice Onyx Black colour, charcoal coloured nappa leather seats with metal mesh inlay.

Specs as below.

Xenium Pack
> Parking Camera 360' Surround View | Park Assist Pilot - Automatic Parallel and 90' Parking | Power Glass Tilt and Slide Panoramic Sunroof with Sun Curtain | BLIS with Cross Traffic Alert and Rear Collision Mitigation

Winter pack
> Heated Steering Wheel | Heated Washer Nozzles | Heated Windscreen | Heated Seats front and rear (2nd row outer sides)

Family pack
> Power Child Locks (Rear Doors) | Integrated 2-Stage Booster Cushion for Centre Seat, 2nd Row | Load Protection Net

Power Front Cushion Extensions
> Driver Cushion Extension | Passenger Cushion Extension | Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests |

> Tinted Glass | 20 inches Wheels | All standard Volvo safety bells and whistles for an Inscription |

> VOC until April 2020 (if you get serviced from a Volvo dealer, VOC will get extended each year after 2020) |

> Service Plan pre-paid for 5 years | (1st year service was done in April 2018 and 4 still remaining) |

> Tyres Insurance until 2020 |

I have created a poll in order to understand the dynamics of depreciation for a Volvo XC90. The new build cost I think is 59k. Feel free to quote your price in the comments section below and don't forget to vote above in the poll section.
Volvo dealers welcome

Last edited by Twilight2017XC90; Sep 29th, 2018 at 00:00. Reason: added details
Twilight2017XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 23:33   #2
MaDProFF
Master Member

I need more info for sure

How much its cost.
I assume you have another vehicle? or need? to get?

I would guess there is a demand atm, might not be such a demand later down the line.

The other point if you do not sell, from this point on you will always get less and less.
MaDProFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 00:07   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Wrong forum, stick it in the for sale section or ring webuyanycar.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 00:25   #4
Quacker
Premier Member

Not at all sure what you want. It is entirely up to you whether to keep, sell or change the car for another. Unless you are up to selling it privately, you may be upset by what the trade and private buyers offer for your car. Look around you and you may notice thousands of used cars looking for a new home in competition with yours fairly local to you.
If you really don’t want it and have a better home for the money locked into it, then you must decide what inevitable loss you are willing to take. It is not for anyone else to decide for you and choose one of your options, if only because everyone’s circumstances are different to yours. You obviously [and wisely] have no emotional attachment to it, so maybe the first cut is the deepest and you should sell for whatever you can get. On the other hand....... etc etc.
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 01:07   #5
pagan8c
Master Member

I just got rid of a Momentum with the same extras and reg the same time as yours and similar mileage. The trade in price was around £38000 so I can't see yours getting above £43000 at the most. But that is just my point of view
pagan8c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pagan8c For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 09:01   #6
AB-UK
Premier Member

I've just looked at the Selekt site to see if they are re-selling your car how much for.
Don't think I see it though.
Do you know how much Volvo are selling it for?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 21:07   #7
Twilight2017XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB-UK View Post
I've just looked at the Selekt site to see if they are re-selling your car how much for.
Don't think I see it though.
Do you know how much Volvo are selling it for?

Had a quick look at Volvo Selekt couple of weeks ago, almost similar spec cars were on sale between 45 to 52k. A particular near match within 10miles radius was up for 49k with 12k mileage and no heating seats. Volvo or any other car brand dealers I guess buy these for around 40k and sell it around 48k.

A question - do other car brands such as Audi Q7, BMW X5 or Merc GLE also met the same fate of extremely high depreciating value or is it just Volvo.
The Following User Says Thank You to Twilight2017XC90 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 21:54   #8
Twilight2017XC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Not at all sure what you want. It is entirely up to you whether to keep, sell or change the car for another. Unless you are up to selling it privately, you may be upset by what the trade and private buyers offer for your car. Look around you and you may notice thousands of used cars looking for a new home in competition with yours fairly local to you.
If you really don’t want it and have a better home for the money locked into it, then you must decide what inevitable loss you are willing to take. It is not for anyone else to decide for you and choose one of your options, if only because everyone’s circumstances are different to yours. You obviously [and wisely] have no emotional attachment to it, so maybe the first cut is the deepest and you should sell for whatever you can get. On the other hand....... etc etc.
I may be wrong but its tad hard to sell privately and thinking of getting a quote from couple of Volvo dealers and if (a big if) I get an offer near to the price in my head, I will let it go otherwise keep it.
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 22:04   #9
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight2017XC90 View Post
I may be wrong but its tad hard to sell privately and thinking of getting a quote from couple of Volvo dealers and if (a big if) I get an offer near to the price in my head, I will let it go otherwise keep it.
Volvo dealers, depending on their cashflow etc, will probably give you a low trade price, which will equate to an auction price for your car. That will be about £3k to £5k less than it would normally retail for.
Give it a go. You don't have to take what they offer and, you never know, if they have a prospective customer for your kind of car already lined up, you may be pleasantly surprised.

You can get an approximate valuation for your car on the internet quite easily but you will be lucky to get offered more than £38k for it in my opinion.

Last edited by Quacker; Sep 29th, 2018 at 22:17.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 22:56   #10
Crockers
Premier Member

Use webuyanycar as your bottom book price.
Forget the extras they add diddly squat to the car. Its an insciption not the inscription pro so will be valued as such.

Its a buyers market at the moment.

Tags
heated windscreen, inscription, selling