Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking to purchase genuine Volvo mud flaps for Volvo 740

Views : 1677

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 17th, 2019, 19:39   #11
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
...... the 'large' cargo area rubber lay-flat protection mat .... one of the best 'accessories' I actually 'theoretically' paid for!

The back cargo area with the seats down and, the mat out, still looks virtually new after nearly 30 years of everyday use,
Bob
You've intrigued me now Bob! I'm familiar with the usual "load-liners" that sit behind the back seats, two were available, one was rigid (ish) plastic and the other was thick (about 10mm if memry serves) rubber (or polyurethane?) and by far the better of the two i had.

However, the way you describe yours, it's a full load-deck length jobby that gives a self-contained "dirty" luggage/dog area which can obviously be pulled out and hosed down - is that right?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 20:08   #12
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
You've intrigued me now Bob! I'm familiar with the usual "load-liners" that sit behind the back seats, two were available, one was rigid (ish) plastic and the other was thick (about 10mm if memry serves) rubber (or polyurethane?) and by far the better of the two i had.

However, the way you describe yours, it's a full load-deck length jobby that gives a self-contained "dirty" luggage/dog area which can obviously be pulled out and hosed down - is that right?
It's a 'proper' Volvo accessory. Sorry don't have a pic currently as never been asked!

It is a flat rubber mat that sits in the cargo area fixed (via brass poppers) around the edge and then it goes upwards (with a small fold behind the back seats) on to the top of the back seats where it is again similarly fixed to the top of the back seats.

Normally it just protects the cargo area floor (not the sides). When you lower the back seats it 'unwraps' as a flat mat across the whole of the area (not the sides).

I think there's a pic in the Accessories Cat. Somewhere I have the Volvo fitting 'bumf' that came with it.

Basically, it's a full length (with the back seats down) rubber floor protection mat.

Bob
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 21:21   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

If you look on Pg55 of this pdf of the Accessories Catalogue Bob, that's the rigid one i had. I had a similar one made from 10mm thick rubber, the same shape.

I think from your description, yours is on Pg50?

https://accessories.volvocars.com/Le...DE.pdf#page=55

I suppose with a big enough sheet of rubber and the right glue i could replicate the one i had. Meanwhile i have a boot mat and a piece of soundproofing from the cabin of a Rover 800 to protect the load deck. Does the job!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 21:30   #14
bob12
bob12

Na ... that's not it
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 21:53   #15
bob12
bob12

Dave, you have made me look for the installation instructions that came with the car from the Dealer!!

Found .... Volvo publication dated 1987 but, no part number probably cut off as it's only a photocopy. I will put up for your interest 2moz.

Bob.
The Following User Says Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 22:26   #16
hylton1806

Hi Bob,I have one of those mats you have, its fixed with presstuds and very useful keeping the back clean.It was in the car when I bought it.
Hylton.

PS. Also I have just been offered a full length load liner {for use when the back seats are down} that will protect the sides and the floor as well. But where to store it I don't know. Yet.

Last edited by hylton1806; Oct 17th, 2019 at 22:32.
hylton1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hylton1806 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 23:05   #17
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob12 View Post
Dave, you have made me look for the installation instructions that came with the car from the Dealer!!

Found .... Volvo publication dated 1987 but, no part number probably cut off as it's only a photocopy. I will put up for your interest 2moz.

Bob.
Thanks Bob, be interested in seeing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hylton1806 View Post
I have just been offered a full length load liner {for use when the back seats are down} that will protect the sides and the floor as well. But where to store it I don't know. Yet.
Hylton - I can think of a perfect place to store it - permanently! A certain 1988 765GLE in Silver-Green Metallic not very far from where i'm sat at this precise moment!

Old Oct 17th, 2019, 23:17   #18
griston64
Premier Member

Wonder if OP still wants my mudflaps
griston64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to griston64 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 23:43   #19
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by griston64 View Post
Wonder if OP still wants my mudflaps
He doesn't seem to have been on the forum since the 13th Mark, i'm guessing he's either not set his notifications correctly or hasn't checked his somputer/email.

Old Oct 18th, 2019, 09:31   #20
bob12
bob12

As promised - front page of fitting instructions for the full length floor mat.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VolvoCargoSpaceFloorMat.jpg (152.1 KB, 7 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: