Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings > Spotted Section

Notices

Spotted Section What have you seen about today?

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chance meeting

Views : 2429

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2016, 11:30   #1
The Thong
VOC Member

Default Chance meeting

I went to a Vulcan to the Sky event last night and had a chance meeting with Paul O'Hanlon who V70 was in the Driver mag June 2015. So, a quick photo shoot was had. Paul's not on the forum but I suspect he'll be joining up soon.

The is the Photo of his V70 from the mag and one from Yesterday

Here are a few photos of my 50 and Pauls 70 taken at North Weald Airfield

[URL=http://s895.photobucket.com/user/discofixer/media/Volvo%20file/D425A7F1-786E-4382-ABA0-E8DD3A93B403.jpg.html]

[/

It was a good evening and cheers to Paul for a quick photo shoot and saving me a place in the marquee

TT

Last edited by The Thong; Jul 24th, 2016 at 11:35.
The Thong is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 24th, 2016, 19:14   #2
tt82
Forum Support Team

Two very good looking cars. Hope you had a good time.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2016, 19:27   #3
The Thong
VOC Member

It was very good Si... Sitting with a mug of tea, Jet Provosts buzzing around and the smell of Avo in the air. Martin Withers gave a very good talk about his part in the Falklands conflict and XH558 was very good. Meeting another member and getting a cheeky photo shoot in topped the evening nicely.

TT
Old Aug 6th, 2016, 21:37   #4
V50D

Last winter (the one before her last season) we did a hanger tour... Absolutely fascinating. A great shame she is no longer graciously up in the sky. There was nothing quite like that howl as she spooled up her engines! Hairs on my neck standing up just remembering it!
V50D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V50D For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 16:46   #5
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50D View Post
Last winter (the one before her last season) we did a hanger tour... Absolutely fascinating. A great shame she is no longer graciously up in the sky. There was nothing quite like that howl as she spooled up her engines! Hairs on my neck standing up just remembering it!
Yup...... I'm hoping to attend an engine test day next year, it's expensive but worth it

TT
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 17:15   #6
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50D View Post
Yup...... I'm hoping to attend an engine test day next year, it's expensive but worth it

Please excuse my indulgence

TT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 23:16   #7
V50D

Oh how I miss her graciously floating acros the sky. For a big 'ol bird she was impressively agile!
Old Aug 17th, 2016, 23:18   #8
V50D

Very envious of the engine test .. I must convince the other half we need to go and watch that one day. To be fair she loves it as much as I do so it won't take much convincing!
Old Aug 19th, 2016, 08:38   #9
The Thong
VOC Member

It was a sad end of an era, she's a beauty. My Mrs thinks I'm nuts but I'm an addict. On the Engine test days they allow a member of the public (for a fee) on board for a taxi run, you sit in the back and then you get to sit in the CoPilots seat while they tow her back to the hanger.... I'M HAVING ME SOME OF THAT!!!!
You spend a day there on this particular package going round with the mechanics doing the checks before the whole thing starts. I'm keeping a watch for next years places if they do them again.