Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Flat battery issue

Views : 1438

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2019, 19:38   #11
Paul-C

Now have a battery charger that works
Re; servicing,
Car registered new June 2017
Car bought in Dec 2017 10k on the clock and had it's first service (part of the deal)
Second service Dec 2018 mileage 20.6k cost £380
Third service now due (time not mileage) the car mileage is 27.5k at a cost of £475 from main dealers
I have a quote for a service from an independent Volvo garage £150
This service is a Volvo facility within the warranty to service cars which have done less than 9k within a year, this still maintains the warranty.
The garage is linked up to Sweden (VIDA) and on checking my car history with their database were able to see what update were pending (none required)
I don't think that there is anything lost using this facility to maintain the warranty cover (I gain £225)
The car has breakdown cover from another source.
Any comments?
I will be carrying out a parasitic drain test tomorrow, to determine any issues with the dashcams.
Out of interest where do Volvo's power dashcam from? why don't Volvos add them as standard? or is that another topic already discussed
Thanks
Paul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 22:40   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-C View Post
Now have a battery charger that works
Re; servicing,
Car registered new June 2017
Car bought in Dec 2017 10k on the clock and had it's first service (part of the deal)
Second service Dec 2018 mileage 20.6k cost £380
Third service now due (time not mileage) the car mileage is 27.5k at a cost of £475 from main dealers
I have a quote for a service from an independent Volvo garage £150
This service is a Volvo facility within the warranty to service cars which have done less than 9k within a year, this still maintains the warranty.
The garage is linked up to Sweden (VIDA) and on checking my car history with their database were able to see what update were pending (none required)
I don't think that there is anything lost using this facility to maintain the warranty cover (I gain £225)
The car has breakdown cover from another source.
Any comments?
I will be carrying out a parasitic drain test tomorrow, to determine any issues with the dashcams.
Out of interest where do Volvo's power dashcam from? why don't Volvos add them as standard? or is that another topic already discussed
Thanks
The third service is exactly the same as the first so why is it costing so much ? the second and fourth are the larger services ...

volvo do/did do a camera accessory 18 months or so ago , they may still do one supplied and fitted .

There is already a camera in the windscreen running whilst you drive , i daresay the authorities could get anything it may save in the event it is needed . But we do not know exactly whether it does that . The SRS system does store a huge amount of pre crash data so maybe the car city safety camera does too .
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 08:10   #13
Paul-C

Clan, at what mileage is the aux. belt replacement required??
Paul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 09:28   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-C View Post
Clan, at what mileage is the aux. belt replacement required??
Aux belt only at 54000 MILES , it is miles dependant rather than time , then at 108000 miles or 10 years the whole lot is changed , cambelt and tensioners and aux belt and it's tensioner ..
If you have only done 27000 miles you can leave it until next time then re-evaluate ..