Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dashcam Wiring in New V60

Views : 26531

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2019, 11:02   #41
TimNiceBut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
I would be surprised if it has changed. As I said above a clean paint scraper under the trim should enable you to under the clips.
Just to be clear you are trying to remove the panel immediately to the side of the gear lever. That is the panel running from just behind the dash to the side of the passenger seat.
Mine's an XC60 so the trim is in two pieces. The bit I'm trying to get off starts under the dash and goes about half way down the tunnel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6644.JPG (97.7 KB, 276 views)
TimNiceBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 12:07   #42
Wizzpop
Master Member

I presume you have looked at Post 6 in this thread. I shows the panel off, and the back of the panel.
Old Oct 24th, 2019, 14:07   #43
TimNiceBut

Quote:
I presume you have looked at Post 6 in this thread. I shows the panel off, and the back of the panel.
I have, but that trim is from an XC90. I'll try and get a couple of pics but (1) movement of the panel is limited and (2) it's tipping down right now.

I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have that spring clip in what would be the lower right corner when viewed from the outside.
Old Oct 26th, 2019, 17:47   #44
BillyJay

I posted about a year ago about the difficulty of accessing the fusebox. In the end I used the OBD port which is much easier and if you think the dealer will complain that you have affected the warranty you can just unplug it.
BillyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 10:16   #45
TimNiceBut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyJay View Post
I posted about a year ago about the difficulty of accessing the fusebox. In the end I used the OBD port which is much easier and if you think the dealer will complain that you have affected the warranty you can just unplug it.
I know, I ready your post among many others. I'm still aiming for the fusebox though, or possibly the 12v socket in the centre console.

I don't want to use the OBD port because I want the cameras running when the car's in for service. Also the BlackVue OBD option doesn't have great reviews on Amazon.
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 11:17   #46
crashbarrier

Funny that you should mention having the camera running while it's in for a service. Slightly different but we handed over our keys at Gatwick to have the car valet parked. Once back home we thought it wise to review the footage.
Now, since we got the car we've been shocked at the blinking awful turning circle and were intrigued to watch and listen to someone else in it. As the car is driven into the multi-storey car park for us to collect I watched the driver try to make the first up-ramp. "Damn" he mutters as he comes to a halt and then shunts backwards and forwards to get it to point the right way. Next up-ramp is met with "Oh, not again" followed by back and forth. So funny and good to see that he didn't push onwards and take the wheels down the kerb.
Old Nov 6th, 2019, 18:54   #47
TimNiceBut

Quote:
So, I finally managed to get that panel off, and DID break one of the clip posts as it is NOT the same as the XC90 one in post 6.

As can be seen in the pic of the panel, there's a clip at the back centre, with a velcro pad at the bottom. Just left of centre is another clip post and right of centre, between the two small white rectangles, is the post which broke off.

The pic of the tunnel shows the broken post still in the slot and this will not budge at all, despite being attached with a large flat blade screwdriver to try and lever it out, and with long nose pliers to pull it out, which is a pity because I was going to try to glue it back to the panel. As it is, if I do get it out it'll probably be butchered beyond use.

Anyway, now that I've got this far, is there a known "always live" connection in the tunnel, so that I can use the BlackVue Power Magic Pro box?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg LH panel.jpeg (135.3 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpeg LH tunnel.jpeg (87.7 KB, 285 views)
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 13:30   #48
chris v90

Default v90 hard wired dashcam

The v90 appears to have the same panel access to the cigar lighter socket.
I looked at tapping in to the fusebox in the passenger footwell but using the 12v socket in the centre console is easily the simplest way to do it.
As other posts have said, move the passenger seat as far back as it will go, then remove the panel which pulls off easily, no snapped fasteners!
There is quite a lot of space under the 12v socket so making the connections is quite easy. Black to -ve and blue/white to +ve.
Dashcam now all wired in.
chris v90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 07:01   #49
EwenM

When I picked up our V60 I asked about fitting s dash-cam and the conflicting advice I'd seen. The Salesman told me that they had access to some form of recommended technical bulletin from Volvo which provided a minimum safe distance measurement where it would be safely clear of any conflict with the intellisafe module. He has still to provide this but I've told my insurance company that for the moment at least I'll not have mine fitted. If I get this 'safe distance' guidance measurement I'll post on here.
EwenM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EwenM For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 09:50   #50
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EwenM View Post
...minimum safe distance measurement where it would be safely clear of any conflict with the intellisafe module.
See attached image. It's probably this.
_
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Safe area.jpg (53.6 KB, 340 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post: