Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2018 XC60ii Misting Up

Views : 491

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2023, 11:22   #1
dcjs01

Default 2018 XC60ii Misting Up

Anyone got any tips for stopping an XC60ii misting up while driving. I have never had a car quite like this one for misting up the windscreen and front windows when it is raining outside. Especially in temperatures around 10 deg c like this morning.
I have been through so many combinations of climate control settings I can’t have many left. Normally end up resorting to electric heated screen and max demist for a couple of minutes, turning it off because it is getting too warm, and repeating every 5 -10 minutes or so.
Car interior is dry as far as I can tell, and certainly doesn’t mist up unduly when just left parked overnight.
Appreciate any suggestions as to what I might have missed.

Last edited by dcjs01; Apr 1st, 2023 at 12:17.
dcjs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 12:37   #2
KentXRS

1. there is a setting in climate settings, that closes airflow from outside, check it.(maybe it was activated by mistake)

2. I would advise to replace cabin filter and check if thats helps.

3. If above didnt help, probably there is mailfunction of shutters that regulates airflow from outside, needs to be checked.
KentXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KentXRS For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 13:12   #3
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Driving in eco mode reduces the climate control resulting in misting up, especially in wet weather, change to comfort mode to clear the windows.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 13:52   #4
GlenEagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcjs01 View Post
Anyone got any tips for stopping an XC60ii misting up while driving. I have never had a car quite like this one for misting up the windscreen and front windows when it is raining outside. Especially in temperatures around 10 deg c like this morning.
I have been through so many combinations of climate control settings I can’t have many left. Normally end up resorting to electric heated screen and max demist for a couple of minutes, turning it off because it is getting too warm, and repeating every 5 -10 minutes or so.
Car interior is dry as far as I can tell, and certainly doesn’t mist up unduly when just left parked overnight.
Appreciate any suggestions as to what I might have missed.
Saw this in another car years ago and the recirculating setting was stuck in the on position
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 16:49   #5
dcjs01

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
Driving in eco mode reduces the climate control resulting in misting up, especially in wet weather, change to comfort mode to clear the windows.
Thanks. That is one I definitely hadn’t thought of. I do most of my driving in Eco mode.
dcjs01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dcjs01 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2023, 21:52   #6
apnicolle

Also have a look at the drain holes in the bottom of the front (and rear) doors. If they get bunged up with muck then the doors will fill up with a bit of rain water, which can cause the car to mist up. A quick jiggle and poke with a cocktail stick usually shifts any gunk and allows the water out.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote