Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for XC60

Views : 1279

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2017, 23:58   #1
Kargal

Default Looking for XC60

Hi folks,

I am looking for a used from 2013 facelift model XC60 SE LUX AWD AUTO with driver support package and winter pack.
Found couple good examples on autotrader, but they been sold before I could get my hands on a wheel. So search is on

Currently own SAAB 93 on 55 plate done 210000 miles in it. I promised my other half then it hits 200k we will get a new motor. Growing family and SAAB gone bust Volvo EX60 is the only option.

Budget in mind, but could stretch a bit for EURO6 emissions vehicle. Not sure if it is worth IMO. Local council planning to introduce low emission zone where I live (Nottingham) in 2020 where EURO6 will be free of charge, however if boundaries are kept within city centre ill be ok with EURO5 vehicle for a daily commute. Nobody knows what future will bring, so future proofing is on a trade-off exercise.
Kargal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2017, 11:13   #2
Considered1
Premier Member

Hi and a warm welcome.
I'm sure we will all be happy to help with any questions etc.
good luck with your search, do you have a budget in mind
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2017, 09:44   #3
Kargal

To mike95

Can't send you a private message.
Please pm your contact phone
Old Nov 10th, 2017, 23:11   #4
Kargal

Might be scrapping idea to buy XC60 D5 geartronic as my wife didn't liked auto gearbox.

So search is for manual now. DSP is not essential.

Does anybody knows when EGR been modified from factory on 2.0 VEA engine.
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 21:18   #5
Considered1
Premier Member

2014 saw the introduction of the D4 FWD with a new 8 speed Geartronic which is light years ahead of the old one. So good its now in all the latest models, come to think of it so is the engine, tweeked slightly.

If you budget will stretch much bigger step up with MY14.5 MY15 XC60's
Sorry not sure if this applied to MY14 but i'm sure someone can add to this for us.
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 22:23   #6
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
2014 saw the introduction of the D4 FWD with a new 8 speed Geartronic which is light years ahead of the old one. So good its now in all the latest models, come to think of it so is the engine, tweeked slightly.

If you budget will stretch much bigger step up with MY14.5 MY15 XC60's
Sorry not sure if this applied to MY14 but i'm sure someone can add to this for us.
To clarify ...
MY14 is the facelift generation. They did NOT have the new VEA engines. You see a few, characterised by single tail pipes.
MY14.5 (manufactured from week 46, 2013) was the start of the VEA engines.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 22:28   #7
Kargal

I bought 64 plate XC60 SE LUX NAV, white, winter pack rear and frot park asist, rear camera, temp spare wheel, manual with Volvo roof bars (managers special deal).

Will collect on Sunday.
They try to talk me in taking all isurace policies you can think about.

Extra 12 months warranty when Volvo select finishes
Tyre damage insurance. car comes with cheap kuhmo front tyres and rears 4-5 mm pirrelis since car was born. Spending a colossal amount of cash at least I was expecting premium tyres not cheap rubber.

Alloy wheel protection
Cosmetic damage

Personally I do not think it is not worth taking any of these policies.

Can you buy extended warranty from Volvo directly? And does anybody know T&C
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 22:30   #8
Kargal

So mine should be MY15
The Following User Says Thank You to Kargal For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 01:14   #9
NigelDay
Premier Member

Alloy wheel insurance is an interesting proposition on a three year old car. What does it cover ? If the wheels show any signs of kerbing, this could be an exclusion against further deterioration.
Cosmetic damage - again what does it cover ?
Extra warranties can be purchased from Volvo directly and from third parties like Warranty Direct. I'd compare costs and exclusions. Don't be pressured by the dealer.
As for the tyres, what sort of owner puts cheap tyres on a newish premium car ?
What does the insurance cover ? It will certainly be related to the existing tyre wear, so is probably not worth it.
Most dealer extras can be bought cheaper elsewhere.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; Nov 14th, 2017 at 01:19.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 10:41   #10
Considered1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargal View Post
I bought 64 plate XC60 SE LUX NAV, white, winter pack rear and frot park asist, rear camera, temp spare wheel, manual with Volvo roof bars (managers special deal).

Will collect on Sunday.
They try to talk me in taking all isurace policies you can think about.

Extra 12 months warranty when Volvo select finishes
Tyre damage insurance. car comes with cheap kuhmo front tyres and rears 4-5 mm pirrelis since car was born. Spending a colossal amount of cash at least I was expecting premium tyres not cheap rubber.

Alloy wheel protection
Cosmetic damage

Personally I do not think it is not worth taking any of these policies.

Can you buy extended warranty from Volvo directly? And does anybody know T&C

Well done you, excellent choice.
The car is Indead MY15
Is the car under a Volvo Warranty at the moment, when was it first registered, hopefully still under Manufacturer warranty and you can extend for up to 3 years with Volvo (via car plan). Depending on how many miles are on the car you get better cover if <60k,