Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

how to disconnect volvo guard alarm 940 se

Views : 12133

Replies : 83

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 23:49   #21
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

I don't know if you can get them and not reply can you ?
A 95 could be either, easiest way to tell is by what key fob it has. I can't help with the guard 2 alarm but might with early one.
Have a look under the steering column, you will have to remove the panel that fits around the pedals first. The alarm on mine was just lodged on top of this panel but I think it should be tied up somewhere. It's just a black box with lots of wires going to it.

Let me know if you can get messages I will send details about disconnecting it if you can find out which one it is. A lot of people on here would rather not advertise how to disable the alarm for obvious reasons. If you can't get private messages either I could email you.
Steve940estate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve940estate For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 06:35   #22
Richg

I can recieve messages but as I have too few posts I'm unable to reply. The key fob is a rectangular grey box with one small button and LED. Is this the info you need. I'll get out tonight to check the box.
Thank you
Richg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2012, 09:41   #23
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Hi
I have to take my boy to playschool this morning but will send some info later. Sounds like you have Guard 1 so it should be easy to get the car going, fingers crossed !
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 20:37   #24
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Have you had any luck sorting this out, let me know if you are still stuck.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 22:17   #25
Richg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve940estate View Post
Have you had any luck sorting this out, let me know if you are still stuck.
Thank you very much. very simple and back on the road - most complicated thing is replying to you!!
Richg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 23:00   #26
Steve940estate
Steam Driven PC Owner.

Glad to hear you sorted it out. There seem to be a lot of cases where a perfectly good car gets stranded because the alarms either need resetting or go wrong.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 23:54   #27
TonyS9
Premier Member

A common problem is starting up the alarm after removing the battery connection. It doesn't reset very well if you jiggle the battery connector when reattaching and can go into a lockedout state (software/hardware crash type of thing). Reattaching the battery more positively fixes it (reboot).
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyS9 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2013, 22:05   #28
mikispace

Default Location of inline fuse ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by effemess View Post
Is there any chance you could pm me or something with the location of the inline fuse and where it is/what it looks like - our 940S has suddenly armed its volvoguard alarm, we don't have a fob and have never used the alarm. Since we live on a High Street you can imagine the problems this is causing. We haven't been able to move the car for two days because of this!!.... and I need some help please.
Thanks
I have exactly the same problem.
If anyone could let me know the location of the inline fuse & how to remove it I would be a happy volvo driver again !
UPDATE
Fixed now, just removed the 15A fuse under the cover by the steering column.
Alarm system is now disabled & my car starts again. Yippee !
Thanks for your replies & help

Last edited by mikispace; Jan 29th, 2013 at 23:20. Reason: fixed !
mikispace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2015, 14:55   #29
Pennti Pete

Default Volvo alarmguard 2

Hi guys

I am trying to disable the alarm on my 97 940 estate, it has been mentioned in previous posts that there is a 15a inline fuse that can be removed to disable the alarm however I can not locate this fuse, I have found the 210/211 orange box and given that mine is a 97 940 I assume that it has an alarmguard 2 fitted.

Can anybody tell me where I will find this illusive fuse?

I tried to PM Steve940estate as he seems to be very knowlegeble on this subject but I have insufficient posts.

Any help will be much apprecieated.

Pennti Pete.
Pennti Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2015, 16:13   #30
TonyS9
Premier Member

You can just remove the box and bypass the starter inhibitor, Google will provide the pin numbers, just make a little patch cable with male spades on the end.

If it turns over and starts sometimes for a few seconds you may have problems with the guard2 RFID keychip immobiliser which is more complex and can't be bypassed easily.

I'm not sure about the whole fuse thing, if the alarm is enabled removing the fuse should not disable it. Disabling the alarm and never enabling it again will have the desired effect. It needs the alarm to activate the starter relay.

Last edited by TonyS9; Jun 28th, 2015 at 16:15.
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote