Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 Central Locking - Weird Problem

Views : 592

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2018, 13:02   #1
GlennJones

Default V70 Central Locking - Weird Problem

Hi Chaps - I've searched the forum for hints and can't find any - so hopefully someone has a bit on insight into my weird central locking problem

bought a 2004 V70 s 2.4 petrol at the weekend - all good apart from central locking.

If i walk up to car in the morning or more than a couple of hours or so after locking it, it unlocks all doors, as it should.

If less time has passed - press the fob to unlock - Nothing happens (put key in drivers door, unlock with key, just the drivers door unlocks)

However - if I then try to lock with the fob - nothing happens.

If I am inside car, door closed, press the lock button on the door, all locks lock OK - I can then get out and lock the drivers door with the key.

It is almost as if something is taking time to "charge up", has enough juice for one blips and then has to wait a few hours again.

I've not tried leaving it unlocked for a few hours, then trying to lock with the fob though (in effect, the reverse of what one would normally do).

Any ideas chaps? Your help would be most appreciated.
GlennJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2018, 15:25   #2
Joe H

Glenn-
I don't have an answer for you except to point out you have posted in the pre-2000 section so you should get a better response if you re-post in the correct section.

Otherwise - do you have 2 fobs, and is the problem the same with both? That will tell you if the problem is in the fob or car. I assume you have you changed the battery in the fob. It is worth checking the car with VIDA to see what codes are there - it will report faulty door microswitches etc and the state of the battery in the alarm module which can give problems if it leaks as it gets to eol.
Good luck
Joe
Joe H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 17:00   #3
GlennJones

thanks Joe - I have tried both fobs and new batteries. Will dig further - thx G
GlennJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 18:01   #4
ASt85
Premier Member

Does the car display the same pattern of not being able to lock it using the fob if the car is parked elsewhere?

The reason behind the question is that interference from wireless accessories like mice, landline based wireless/DECT, wireless routers, wireless door bells etc. can interfere with the fob signal so that is "interfered" out i.e. the fob signal effectively doesn't reach the receiver which is located in the mirror unit.

The fact that it is working in the morning may point to a device elsewhere locally being turned off at the time. NB it could be something in your home or just as easily in a neighbours house.

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Sep 5th, 2018 at 18:03.
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
central locking, locks