Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tpms

Views : 3198

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 9th, 2019, 09:53   #1
Scotia64

Default Tpms

another question for you guys, while towing our caravan yesterday down the M6 the TPMS light came on . I had increased the tyre pressure the day before to the required 39psi for towing. I checked the TPMS screen and all the tyres were amber. I just carried on as there was no way all four tyres were low.
I got in the car this morning and the TPMS symbol is still there but there’s now a very faint beep every 10 seconds or so . Are they both related?
I’ll check the tyre pressure latter once they have cooled down.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 10:13   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia64 View Post
another question for you guys, while towing our caravan yesterday down the M6 the TPMS light came on . I had increased the tyre pressure the day before to the required 39psi for towing. I checked the TPMS screen and all the tyres were amber. I just carried on as there was no way all four tyres were low.
I got in the car this morning and the TPMS symbol is still there but there’s now a very faint beep every 10 seconds or so . Are they both related?
I have had this happen to me once, after a motorway run at the eco setting, I am sure it was just the pressure increasing slightly over the TPMS trigger point due to tyres heating up, I had just had new tyres fitted and had set the tyre pressures to eco pressure just prior to that trip. It was a very hot day though.
I checked them at the end of that trip and they were ~42 psi, after adjusting the pressure when cold and recalibrating the TPMS all was well. I did not get a beeping noise though.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 11:29   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia64 View Post
you should always recalibrate the TPM System when you alter the tyre pressures ...
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 11:29   #4
Scotia64

Checked the tyre pressures , all ok . Now I’ve told the car this is the correct pressure.
The beeping noise is my fault, I had left the TPMS for the Caravan switched on & it was that that was beeping for low battery warning.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 15:17   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you should always recalibrate the TPM System when you alter the tyre pressures ...
I Agree, just to clarify, I did calibrate my TPMS after initially increasing pressure to eco setting before my trip, it was a blisteringly hot day.
My heart sank when the warning came on as I had just replaced both rear tyres after a rear tyre blowout, I thought it had happened again until I looked on sensus and seen all 4 tyres had warnings.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 15:45   #6
Scotia64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I Agree, just to clarify, I did calibrate my TPMS after initially increasing pressure to eco setting before my trip, it was a blisteringly hot day.
My heart sank when the warning came on as I had just replaced both rear tyres after a rear tyre blowout, I thought it had happened again until I looked on sensus and seen all 4 tyres had warnings.

Same as me , the pressure wasn’t calibrated when I picked the car up , the fact I was towing for nearly 3 hours I thought I better increase the psi. I then calibrated the wheels.
In the cars defence I was trying out the different drive modes to see what suited best. The fact that all 4 wheels had a warning told me there was nothing wrong with the psi but it was the car acting up.
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 17:39   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
I see , so an unexplained mystery for now , it could be ok after the next software update ...
Old Oct 9th, 2019, 20:23   #8
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
I see , so an unexplained mystery for now , it could be ok after the next software update ...
It only happened once (during the height of summer) and has been fine since then after lowering the pressure and re-calibrating, I put it down to heat increasing the pressure. They were all a bit high.
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 08:39   #9
gaby
Premier Member

Quote:
It only happened once (during the height of summer) and has been fine since then after lowering the pressure and re-calibrating, I put it down to heat increasing the pressure. They were all a bit high.
Can iTPMS detect a problem if the pressure in all tyres is the same?
I inflate/deflate the tyres for local use and travel by 0.3 bar without alarm.
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 08:53   #10
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaby View Post
Can iTPMS detect a problem if the pressure in all tyres is the same?
I inflate/deflate the tyres for local use and travel by 0.3 bar without alarm.
If the pressures rise above or below the calibrated setting yes.