Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What exactly is this please help

Views : 1132

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2020, 19:52   #11
Palehorse940

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpliddy View Post
there will be a fuse behind knee panel under steering wheel or it will be in engine bay think its near ABS pump unit!
Do I pull the fuse ? I’m new to volvos sorry mate
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 21:42   #12
J liddy

Well when i had a issue with alarm and pulled fuse car was then fine till i got key fob sorted. I changed glowplug relay and put fuse back and alarm back working fine now !
J liddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 23:41   #13
TonyS9
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse940 View Post
Right I’m a bit confused sorry mate. How do I do all that and what what private info do I need. Don’t fancy it locking me out. Cheers Dave.
If you can find and identify the alarm module (210/211 module). Remove the panel under the steerwheel and you should find it. Just unplug it and connect 2 of the connectors in one of the remaining plugs. The private info is the labelling of the connectors to connect, I don't want to publish it publically.
TonyS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2020, 19:26   #14
Palehorse940

Thanks for the help guys I’ll try and sort this sooner rather than later
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 06:21   #15
TheLeeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse940 View Post
Don’t fancy it locking me out. Cheers Dave.
My M reg Wentworth locked me out one day when the immobiliser went stupid. I was never given a remote fob when I bought the car, and was fine using the key. Until one day when I went to the tip. I closed the door and as I was walking away, I heard the car lock itself. I went back and unlocked the door with the key. The alarm went off and the lights started flashing. I disabled it by removing an inline fuse which was cable tied to the steering column.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 13:05   #16
TonyS9
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeeds View Post
My M reg Wentworth locked me out one day when the immobiliser went stupid. I was never given a remote fob when I bought the car, and was fine using the key. Until one day when I went to the tip. I closed the door and as I was walking away, I heard the car lock itself. I went back and unlocked the door with the key. The alarm went off and the lights started flashing. I disabled it by removing an inline fuse which was cable tied to the steering column.
You were lucky, my sisters 97 940 locked the car with the keys in it as I was working on it. I had to bend the top of the door out to hook the keys. Luckily it sprung back, but I had spare doors.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 17:45   #17
jpliddy
VOC Member

If you haven't got a spare key worth getting one! if you have no grey fob best take that fuse out till you find one and link it to your car !
jpliddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 21:00   #18
Palehorse940

The in line fuse what does it look like and it’s amp so i can identify it please just until I can immobilise it properly.also mines a 94 will that make a difference. Thanks guys
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 15:30   #19
Palehorse940

Well it happened came out the gym this morning and the alarm was going off and the car wouldn’t start thanks to TonyS9 and jpliddyi knew what to do and pulled the in line fuse. My question is how long is this good for until I do what TonyS9 suggested. Thanks for the help guys
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 16:44   #20
TonyS9
Premier Member

I think you are still relying on correct operation on parts the unit (safety cut out or something), its impossible to say if/when it might go further nuts and immobilise it permanently, as happened to mine.

Sometimes a reset/reboot with pulling the battery off and on again can fix it, sometimes it causes the problem in the first place. It especially doesn't like it when the terminals spark alot when you connect them.

Just take it out, it a 5 min job. Prepare a jumper with with 2 males spades on it or cut and solder the wires I messaged you.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyS9 For This Useful Post: